• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open shooting areas in pinal county?

kashmirsmp

imported post

Hello guys,

I am going out to pinal county tomorrow to explore and was wondering where I can shoot on open land. I know that in NV any BLM land you can shoot on. Does any one know where I can go down there? I will be near florence, casa grange, eloy, and the likes.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Phoenixbob

imported post

Depends on where in Pinal County. A lot of the State Trust land is off limits to shooting and exploring. Need to get into the Tonto National Forest. If you have a valid hunting license you could go on State Trust land and just be hunting.

kashmirsmp

imported post

I found some where today. About 4 miles south of the 60, on the east side of the 79 there is a turn off called cottonwood canyon rd. once you pass the 2nd sign that says "watch for red flags" on the national guard base, you are good to go. Pcso was out there and was cool with it. Nice open spot and lots of trails for jeeps and stuff.

kashmirsmp

imported post

I found some where today. About 4 miles south of the 60, on the east side of the 79 there is a turn off called cottonwood canyon rd. once you pass the 2nd sign that says "watch for red flags" on the national guard base, you are good to go. Pcso was out there and was cool with it. Nice open spot and lots of trails for jeeps and stuff.

kashmirsmp

imported post

kashmirsmp

imported post

kashmirsmp

imported post

mzbk2l

imported post

Thanks, kas. I'm not familiar with that one, but I'll check it out next time I'm home. I used to go to the Whitlow dam overflow up by Queen Valley, but I've heard the Corps of Engineers shut that one down. I've been looking for a new spot.