• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A few photos from the National Geographic filming

vt357

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I flipped on the Discovery Channel last night to watch it and all that was on was a show on the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

I guess Discovery doesnt show the National Geographic show in the Richmond area. :(
National Geographic has it's own channel. They call it nat-geo to make it sound cool. :p

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kle wrote:
My thoughts: I want my hour back. What a waste of time, watching this garbage. At least the people featured on the show sounded like they had a clue; the narrator's negative slant on EVERYTHING was particularly annoying.

Hear, hear....

The policeman who said "If I weren't a police officer, I'd never carry a gun. This city is too dangerous." (or something to that effect).

The police officer (I think) who said "In the United States, unfortunately people have the right to have a gun."

The stereotypical machine-gun owner - unshaven, wearing ripped clothes, etc.

I missed the first 15-20 minutes, but was disgusted with the rest of the piece. I kept waiting for the objective part, but in vain.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, I think the folks at "nat-geo" need to A: stick to print B: go back to National Geographic, and C: stick to animals and nature photography.

Oh, and D: drop the silly leftist bias.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

vt357 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I flipped on the Discovery Channel last night to watch it and all that was on was a show on the Sturgis motorcycle rally.

I guess Discovery doesnt show the National Geographic show in the Richmond area. :(
National Geographic has it's own channel. They call it nat-geo to make it sound cool. :p
I have Comcast cable and I've never seen that channel on my listing. Wonder if I have that......

TFred

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
vt357 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

I have Comcast cable and I've never seen that channel on my listing. Wonder if I have that......
From what I have seen, it's usually only provided with a Digital Channel tier, not usually with the analog channel package.

Of course, YMMV!

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DrMark wrote:
I don't think he has any choice in the matter. I suspect he was born that way.

Born with an AK in his hand, too?

Now, THAT is too bad a$$ for me!!

But, I'd go for 1911A1. "Goo, goo, gaa, gaa. Gimme my bottle! Where's my hollow-points!?!"

:)