• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A few photos from the National Geographic filming

hsmith

imported post

Link to the website: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/explorer/3825/Overview

I bet it will be nice and balanced, seeing the first picture on the website

3825_explorer-guns-in-america-1_05320299.JPG

ugh.

Tomahawk

imported post

The video starts right off showing people at a gun show as the narrator talks about how guns wind up on the black market, blah blah blah. 3 guesses what the bias is here.

nova

imported post

MSNBC beat NatGeo to the punch with their anti-spun "Armed in America" piece ('o sh!te)

Bulldog1967

imported post

Having freelanced for NG as an editor, I can tell you that they are as leftist as any other media outlet.

Don't trust the media. They are NOT on our side.

(As evidenced by the recent election coverage.)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

fizzer wrote:
Why does he have to be black... why can we not stop portraying this stereotype. Shame on NG, shame on us all.:cool:
Oh God.. please tell me you're kidding. Good Lord if that isn't a knee-jerk reaction.

Gee, let's make him white or yellow or red. How about pink or maybe burgundy.

BTW, some of my above rant is tongue-in-cheek and some is mild sarcasm.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Worst line of the night (so far) "if any of the guns are stolen they will end up in criminal hands.":banghead:

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

WoW... I just watched for a couple minutes :eek:
They are deomonizing the fact that in most states you can SHOOT someone who breaks in your house OH THE HORROR!...
Typical leftist anti-gun hit piece drivel.

Probably just the first in many programs to come meant to be a primer/hype to a Obama gun ban (circa 1993). Which, BTW... thanks again to all the GUN OWNERS that voted for that PIECE OF SHIT. Nice job

Yes, I AM bitter.

kle

imported post

My thoughts: I want my hour back. What a waste of time, watching this garbage. At least the people featured on the show sounded like they had a clue; the narrator's negative slant on EVERYTHING was particularly annoying.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

kle wrote:
My thoughts: I want my hour back. What a waste of time, watching this garbage. At least the people featured on the show sounded like they had a clue; the narrator's negative slant on EVERYTHING was particularly annoying.
I agree with everything you just said. It was as if every time they showed something that was positive they would have to narrate it away, so to speak.

nova

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Worst line of the night (so far) "if any of the guns are stolen they will end up in criminal hands.":banghead:

ugh...:?

kle

imported post

I thought the worst line of the night was the last quoted statistic (un-sourced, as the rest of them were), right as the show was closing out: in 2005 in the U.S., a child was killed by gunfire once every two days.

Holy crap! It's an epidemic! Think of the children!

Mr. George Carlin had a thing or two to say about the children...

essayons

imported post

"A gun in the home is 22 more likely to kill a family member than an intruder"

How many times does this statistic have to be discredited before the media stops citing it? Its like using a "Silent Spring" reference.

They don't limit their glossing of the facts to guns either....

"Philadelphia, the city that gave the US the Constitution"

Most of the brains behind the Constitution came from Virginia and Boston. Philly was a nice central meeting location. Not to mention that large parts of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights was taken from the VA Constitution

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

essayons wrote:
"A gun in the home is 22 more likely to kill a family member than an intruder"

How many times does this statistic have to be discredited before the media stops citing it? Its like using a "Silent Spring" reference.

They don't limit their glossing of the facts to guns either....

"Philadelphia, the city that gave the US the Constitution"

Most of the brains behind the Constitution came from Virginia and Boston. Philly was a nice central meeting location. Not to mention that large parts of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights was taken from the VA Constitution

Well look at the positive side. They used to quote the Kellerman study which claimed the number was 43 times...