• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in WalMart?

jmichael99

imported post

What is the walmart policy for open carry? They have NO signs up front saying no firearms. Just wondering before i walk in what to expect. I live in WV but work in Winchester VA and that is where i shop most of the time

First time poster and reader. Found this site off ar15.com

Decoligny

imported post

Do a search on WalMart, you will find many threads. I have read in several posts that WalMart's policy is to follow the laws of the state that the store is located in. However, not all managers are familiar with the laws, not to mention they aren't even familiar with the WalMart Corporate Policy. If a manager tells you to leave, leave. Don't argue, don't cause a scene, just drop all your merchandise where you stand and leave. Then start calling the regional manager, and the corporate offices.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have OC'd in my Wally World at RTE 1 & 234 more times than I can count. Not once have I been approached by an employee about it.

Bundabar

imported post

I have OC'd to at least 2 different Wal-Marts in the Fredericksburg area and never had a problem. I've even had some conversations withcurious citizensthere.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Wal-marts follow the laws of the state where the store is located. I have open carried in many Richmond area Wal-marts without a problem. With that said, on rare occasion someone has had a minor probem at a Wal-Mart with a pesky manager. However, these rare problems are always resolved in our favor with a call to a district manager or the corporate offices.

ThunderRanch

imported post

Maybe my computer is broken, but that link takes me to an ad for a LED badge?

Wally World in Chesterfield (Hull Street at Warbro Road) has not been a problem for me as far as OC

sccrref

imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
Maybe my computer is broken, but that link takes me to an ad for a LED badge?

Wally World in Chesterfield (Hull Street at Warbro Road) has not been a problem for me as far as OC
You need the LED badge to find the markings of the secret OC route through the store. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

asforme wrote:
Skidmark bricked the link:p

Here's the walmart plan: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/730330-post50.html

Yes, I did.

Had a bunch of folks ask me about mine at the gun show last weekend & must have had it in my copy que instead of the Wal-Mart map I thought I had.

I went & fixed the link.

You really do not need the LED Badge to see the ammo specials, but it might help.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Welcome!

I dont believe that they have an actual policy but I could be wrong. I know some folks have had some bumps in the road at various Wal-Marts.

Jim
They do have a policy that has reported here many times in the past. Wal-Mart honors the laws of the locality in which they are located - OC is legal in Va. End of story. There may be new chapters written in the future. :)

Some employees of Wally World confuse the policy that employees may not carry and try to apply that to customers as well.

I have OCd at all of the local ( greater Richmond area) Wal-Marts as well as a few in Pennsylvania. In so doing, I have had conversations with LEOs, managers and purchased ammunition while OCing and only once had a problem - an employee said she couldn't sell me ammo because I was carrying. I requested the store manager but it was settled by cell phone employee-to-mgr. and I got my resupply.

Yata hey

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Policy or not, I have open carried in most of the WalMarts in the Hampton Roads area and have had no issues whatsoever.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

I've OCd in the Wal Marts in Chesapeake and two in VA Beach. I had an idiot sporting goods dept guy who claimed he was a "gun guy" tell me to conceal because he felt threatened by it and that made it assault. :what: