• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia Meet, Short Notice.

Bear 45/70

imported post

joeroket, sv_libertarian and myself are meeting in Olympia Wednesday evening at 6:30pm at the Black Bear Resturant, 955 Black Lake Blvd Sw, Olympia, WA. for some dinner and conversation. If you are interested, please show up.

BOOMINFOCUS66

imported post

Hey guys if you meet in the oly area again soon please let me know because i cant make it Wednesday. I have a ton of questions because i just stumbled upon this site and i am very interested in OC but i am just too nervous to try it yet, because i am a younger man that has grow up in Tumwater. One thing i have learned about this town is TWPD will send out the whole force over very minor things. I really dont want any issues with the law because i can not afford a laywer if my life depended on it. any advice would help thank you.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

First off welcome!

Second, I wouldn't worry too much. Some things have gotten tidied up in Thurston County. CAPCOM dispatch seems to be better about man with a gun calls, and while I have no direct knowledge of Tumwater, I can't imagine they would be out of line with Olympia and Lacey PD's both of which are very well informed on the legalities of OC.

Send me a message and we'll chat a bit!

Steve

Bear 45/70

imported post

BOOMINFOCUS66 wrote:
Hey guys if you meet in the oly area again soon please let me know because i cant make it Wednesday. I have a ton of questions because i just stumbled upon this site and i am very interested in OC but i am just too nervous to try it yet, because i am a younger man that has grow up in Tumwater. One thing i have learned about this town is TWPD will send out the whole force over very minor things. I really dont want any issues with the law because i can not afford a laywer if my life depended on it. any advice would help thank you.

thcid_C98274DE-BC24-4FC2-AE56-6BB4.gif

We almost always post a meet, so keep watching. This one got dropped as we should have posted this by last Thursday, but CRS attacked in full force until last night.:banghead:

just_a_car

imported post

I'd love to, Bear... but gas ain't cheap and mapquest says it's 81.05 miles to get there from my house inEdmonds. Not to mention the hour and 34 minute drive time.... That's each way.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I'd love to, Bear... but gas ain't cheap and mapquest says it's 81.05 miles to get there from my house inEdmonds. Not to mention the hour and 34 minute drive time.... That's each way.
With rush hour, probably longer. But I was referring to several closer than Edmonds.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

what kind of food/prices should be expected? I don't know about Black Bear.

ETA:

answered my own question...

dinner.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
what kind of food/prices should be expected? I don't know about Black Bear.

ETA:

answered my own question...

dinner.gif

The Black bear Diner is your kind of place. Very large portions and more than reasonable prices. The wife and I usually order a single breakfast and split it. I see you did what I was gonna do. Ask Tanman, he thought a lot of their 3/4 pound burger, at least his platw was bare when he was done.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Still don't see any mention of actual prices....
Take my word for it their prices are reasonable. As a guy on disablity, aka fixed income and I am damn glad the the wife has a job to support mine and her gun habit, I eat there on a regular basis. Beside the portions are large enough that the wife and I usually split a meal and and save even more. The portions are huge and the food is good. I've been partonizing the Black Bear Diners in Oregon and California and now Washington for at least 20 years.

just_a_car

imported post

I'll take your word for it, but a student's income is usually much less than even a disability income.

As is evident from my posts, I'm considering attending.... not 100% sure yet, though.

joeroket

imported post

If you do come just_a_car I can drop you some gas money to help offset the cost if you want. I know it's damned expensive and the only reason I am down here is for training and my work is paying for my gas.

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I'll take your word for it, but a student's income is usually much less than even a disability income.

As is evident from my posts, I'm considering attending.... not 100% sure yet, though.
You would be a welcome addition to the group. You kids always are.:lol:

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Trust me, I want to stay a "kid" as long as I can. :cool:

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Trust me, I want to stay a "kid" as long as I can. :cool:
Welcome to the "kids" club then. Being young is an attitude not an age.:D