• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teenager Takes a Bat to Sheriffs, Then Tries to Grab Gun

cvickers

imported post

Deepdiver,

Maybe you have information that wasn't in the article but I didn't see anything about the Police wearing mask. They might have been wearing 'BDUs' but many times Officers on the road wear them such as K-9 Officers. This doesn't necessarily mean they could not be identifies as Law Enforcement. As for him being in court and never missing court before, the article said that he broke his promise to turn himself in after his school exams. What makes you think he would all of a sudden turn in to a respectful bad-guy and go to court. He already had a history of violence and he was just a few month away from being 18. He was much a man as hewas going to get.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N00blet45 wrote:
Maybe they should bring cameras when they serve warrants?  With all the gear SWAT gets you'd think they'd give at least one officer a helmet camera or a button camera.  I'm thinking that they are more worried about the public seeing what really goes on during the no-knock raids than being vindicated in court.  All they have to do now is lie in court, knowing that their word is prized over the defendant's.
+1

If cops are so trustworthy, they should have no problem when we require them to record everything they do at all times.

As far as I am concerned, not only should police be required to video/audio record at all times, any period where there is a lapse in the recording should be treated as an attempt to circumvent due process, and any evidence obtained during such a lapse in recording should be invalidated.

It may sound harsh, but if the police are as trustworthy as they pretend they are they have no reason to complain. Remember, we have an expectation of privacy, but as OUR employees the police should have no such expectations.