• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Stores

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ed's Gunshop East out here in Newport, NC is awesome. I don't know if it's the same Ed you guy's have been talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised since I know that the owner of the one out here (Ed) has a "first store" somewhere else in the state.

apcci2

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Ed's Gunshop East out here in Newport, NC is awesome. I don't know if it's the same Ed you guy's have been talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised since I know that the owner of the one out here (Ed) has a "first store" somewhere else in the state.
Ed Nicely doesn't own Ed's East, Just the one in Vass

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

apcci2 wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Ed Nicely doesn't own Ed's East, Just the one in Vass
Hmm, well I'll have to find out where the other store is, then.

swoolard

imported post

Sams Pawn in Lowell, NC has some nice folks. They seem a little rough around the edges, but once you start talking to them you'll realize they're pretty good people. Though they only sale new guns, they have quite a selection.

no carry permit ?

imported post

I was going to buy a Sig p250 there (Personal defense & Handgun safety center in Garner, NC) until a old guy that works there "went off " about open carry. I will not spend money with shops that slam open carry or give out False information about it's legality. For me it's right up there with disarming to go into a Waffle house. Their waffles aren't that great anyway.

A few of his really biased and ignorant comments:

" I know it will get you arrested, I know, I have 33 years experience in law enforcement".

" You have to remember that thewritten law is only a guide, just because there is no specific code doesn't mean it's not illegal ".

" Why would you want to do it anyway when for $125 you can take the class and get permit to conceal". ( Actually you can take the class for $60 from a gentleman in Fuquay Varina, unfortunately he was really anti-open carry as well and made similar claims about the legality of open carry (ie once you get a permit it's illegal to open carry in NC , it's NOT.) Apparently he gets most of his information from a local anti-open carry cop.

Why anyone would ask a cop about gun laws is beyond me. I have never understood that. One of the founders of this site has repeatedly ask folks here to refrain from doing that, but some still feel the need to "seek permission" to exercise there right to carry.

I have been open carrying for 3 years (yes even in Chapel Hill & Cary) and had zero confrontations with the police. A Raleigh officer actuallytold mehe wished more people would carry. Recently I encountered a officer from the Garner PDwhen my car's fuel pump died in rush hour traffic (in a drive through fast food place) . I had to push my car to a service road and he helped. I told him my weapon was on the passenger seat, EXACT QUOTE : NO PROBLEM.

Not all NC officers are ignorant about open carry after all. The State Police won't even give you a second look. Decent group of folks from what I have seen.

no carry permit ?

imported post

He basically said don't get caught open carrying in many parts of North Carolina. When I said that I open carry exclusively all over NC, he was noticeably angry. He then just kind of went off on the ignorance of open carry. I bet the guy was an ex-prison guard, I can't see a ex-street cop with 33 years in , being misinformed to such an extreme.

apcci2

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
He basically said don't get caught open carrying in many parts of North Carolina. When I said that I open carry exclusively all over NC, he was noticeably angry. He then just kind of went off on the ignorance of open carry. I bet the guy was an ex-prison guard, I can't see a ex-street cop with 33 years in , being misinformed to such an extreme.
I know exactly who you are talking about. He has a poor attitude anyway.

no carry permit ?

imported post

apcci2 wrote:
no carry permit ? wrote:
I know exactly who you are talking about. He has a poor attitude anyway.
Unfortunately he seems to be angry all the time, confrontational and a "Real Know it all ". I wonder why they keep the guy around, he can't be much of a salesman with that personality. You wonder what makes a guy act like that.

Drgong

imported post

Jeez, sounds like a bad attatude....

I shop at Hayatts, it has a great selection, and you can talk them down to a more reasionable price on most of there guns, and they have a great layaway policy. Just put a model 15 S&W that I will pick up in two weeks when I am back with the purchase permit ;)