• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yavapai College Campus - Prescott area OC?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'll be goin' up that way over the weekend. 'Can't find nuthin' definative which addresses OC at Yavapai. I suspect 'NO'... Anything elseI should know 'bout Prescott area?

AZkopper

imported post

Per the Yavapai College website:

Transporting Firearms On Campus: Firearms are not to be taken to the class areas without the specific permission of the instructor affected (i.e. classroom demonstration) and the Y. C. Police Department. Firearms are not to be carried to or around the general campus areas such as snack bar or library. Firearms are not to be left in vehicles. Firearms transported anywhere outside the Gunsmithing Lab are to be cased. You may store your firearms in your Gunsmithing locker or in the Y. C. Police Department’s gun locker. Y.C.P.D. can also store ammunition for you.

If you go to the Frontier Village shopping strip (Home Depot, Old Navy, Target, etc) on Hwy 69, that is Reservation Land. Technically, it is a 'no carry' area, but Tribal Police do not enforce it ("We can't realistically enforce it" is the quote I got").

Costco is posted "no firearms".

These are the places you should know about, off the top of my head. Of course, all the usual state laws apply.

OC is not real common, but I see at least one other OCer every week or two.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'm goin' there for the Arizona Cowboy Poets Gathering. (I do that kind'a thing) 'Don't think I'll be shoppin' or nuthin'. 'Gonna feel nekkid w/o my pistol tho. :cry:

Note to mods... you can close this thread. :)

Thanx for the info!