• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PHASE II: Texas Taxi-Cab Banner Campaign Now Underway!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: Donate to Taxi campaign at http://www.opencarry.org/taxi.html

John and I each are donating another $100 - if you want to upgrade to Founders Club member status, dionate $100 or more in ONE LUMP SUM so we can upgrade you.

=========

Texans and other freedom fighters - we have successfully raised enough money for 3 months of the billboard for Texas open carry!:celebrate

And now we have an opportunity to blnaket a major Austin city with taxi-cab banners highlighting the open carry petition for Texas.

John will soon be making the fundrasing cab-o-meter for this, but first I need to ask - can a big fish out there step forward and match the first $750 we raise? yu can be anonymous if you wish - out last big fish was from Virginia (let's call him "Mr. K.").

Can I get a Mr. T. from out there in Texas? PM or email me at Mike at OpenCarry.org

it appears for $1,500 we can get 3 months of large scale taxi advertizing.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lemme see after this weekend, I need to get some stock ammo, after that I'll put in maybe $50. I want this to pass. Do you have a link for donantions for this separate from the billboard?

austinb123

imported post

Why not use some of the money to make bumper stickers and sell them? I would gladly pay $5.00 or more for a sticker to advertise for this cause! You can advertise longer than three months with bumper stickers! Just thought I would toss an idea in the pot.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike,

I can't go $750, but I can do a bit better than $7.50. Would another PayPal donation help the cause along?

stay safe.

skidmark

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Mike,

I can't go $750, but I can do a bit better than $7.50. Would another PayPal donation help the cause along?

stay safe.

skidmark
Sure, once John gets the separate funder going, we can track funds to the taxis - but surely we have some folks out their of signifcant means who can do matching.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Unfortunately, I can't be your man for the $750 but the reason for that is very fortunate. I'm gonna be a daddy! Even so, I've got a couple of bucks I can send for this campagin.

rodbender

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't be your man for the $750 but the reason for that is very fortunate. I'm gonna be a daddy! Even so, I've got a couple of bucks I can send for this campagin.

Grats, DV, and thanks for the help.

Edit: What part of Houston are you in? I grew up in Houston. North side around Hardy (before it was a toll road) and Parker.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

North East side. Humble-ish area. Yay for the town almost comepletely devoid of a mass-transit plan!

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

North, but not so far as into the boonies. The Magic Kingdom they call it, The Bubble, where nothing bad ever happens, ever, and don't you dare talk about it.

vermonter

imported post

Perhaps the taxicab co owner is pro-gun. Why not ask him to donate some of the banner space?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

John/Mike,
Can you show us what the banners will look like and/or what they will say? Ditto for the billboard.