• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Warrenton area

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

When my wife and I moved here from Hampton in 2005, we found a community that was rather receptive to the armed citizen. In that time, I've not been challenged regarding my decision to OC until this weekend. This last Saturday, I wasbarred entry to Molly's Irish Pub. Since I believe many of us in the Warrenton area or those that come to Warrenton for the "invigorating night life" might like to know how the community reacts, I figured I'd start this thread.

My first report in this thread is regarding Molly's. I've been eating and carrying at Molly's for the better part of 3 years now. I recently posted an excerpt of my latest experience on the NOVA thread. In summary, this last saturday, I attempted to go there for dinner, and was denied entry by the hostess and bartender on the grounds that it is "against the law." When challenged, you'd have thought I spoke a foreign language by the blank, unregistering looks on thier faces. Rather than raise a stink, I took the high road and when to McMahon's which has never questioned my wife and I when we carry for dinner.

Today I finally had an opportunity to contact the Molly's in reference to the issue and spoke to the manager on duty. I explained the circumstance and asked if Molly's had published policy that prohibited the otherwise legal possession of a firearm in thier establishment. His response was that it is Molly's policy to not permit weapons of any kind on the premisiss. I then asked if this was a management policy or a policy of the owner/proprietor of the property and the Manager responded that it was a "management" policy. I finally asked if he new thatno published policy notification existed, and his response was that he wasn't aware he had to do so. I'm not one to continue arguing when faced with an adversary that refuses to consider reason. So, at the end of the exchange, I determined that McMahon's would be my Irish restaurant of choice in Warrenton from then on. If anyone would like to "enter the merge" on this issue, I'd like the assist because I'm not that good at debate on the finer points of law.

We OC in many other locations, but are interested in hearing from those in the community. Thanks for listening... Look forward to hearing from you.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

you could always go onto AMAZINGMAIL.com and send them one of these:

sample.jpg

ccunning

imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
When my wife and I moved here from Hampton in 2005, we found a community that was rather receptive to the armed citizen.  In that time, I've not been challenged regarding my decision to OC until this weekend.  This last Saturday, I was barred entry to Molly's Irish Pub.  Since I believe many of us in the Warrenton area or those that come to Warrenton for the "invigorating night life" might like to know how the community reacts, I figured I'd start this thread.

My first report in this thread is regarding Molly's.  I've been eating and carrying at Molly's for the better part of 3 years now.  I recently posted an excerpt of my latest experience on the NOVA thread.  In summary, this last saturday, I attempted to go there for dinner, and was denied entry by the hostess and bartender on the grounds that it is "against the law."  When challenged, you'd have thought I spoke a foreign language by the blank, unregistering looks on thier faces.  Rather than raise a stink, I took the high road and when to McMahon's which has never questioned my wife and I when we carry for dinner. 

Today I finally had an opportunity to contact the Molly's in reference to the issue and spoke to the manager on duty.  I explained the circumstance and asked if Molly's had published policy that prohibited the otherwise legal possession of a firearm in thier establishment.  His response was that it is Molly's policy to not permit weapons of any kind on the premisiss.  I then asked if this was a management policy or a policy of the owner/proprietor of the property and the Manager responded that it was a "management" policy.  I finally asked if he new that no published policy notification existed, and his response was that he wasn't aware he had to do so.  I'm not one to continue arguing when faced with an adversary that refuses to consider reason.  So, at the end of the exchange, I determined that McMahon's would be my Irish restaurant of choice in Warrenton from then on.   If anyone would like to "enter the merge" on this issue, I'd like the assist because I'm not that good at debate on the finer points of law.

We OC in many other locations, but are interested in hearing from those in the community.  Thanks for listening...  Look forward to hearing from you.
McMahons has a terrible beer selection compared to Molly's; However if you're OCing I suppose that's not why you're there.

Did you happen to catch the name of the manager on duty?