• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got a new carry gun

BobR

imported post

I normally carry a Delta Elite (both concealed and open), but recently was able to find the gun I have been searching for. It took a while but I now have this:

100_21312.jpg

A S&W 610-2 that has had the 3" barrel replaced with a 4" and also set up for IDPA. It should make a great carry gun.

I also just ordered a holster for it. I am a big fan of leather, don't care much for the plastic holsters (or guns for that matter). I was able to chat with the maker (owner) of the company. He was very helpful, and very sure of his product. If I don't like it, I send it back for a refund. It also helps that I can get a custom leather holster in 3.5 weeks, rather than 6-8 months like my other favorite holster maker.

I figured I would use the holster for both OC and CC, so I got the reinforced high ride with both a tension screw and a thumb break. That makes it as secure as most OC holsters can be, other than a level 3 retention holster.

http://www.taurisholsters.com/reinhighride.cfm

Once the holster comes in you can expect a review of it also. I am just happy I found a holster maker that would make both a tension screw and thumb break into a leather holster. It took quite a bit of looking.

bob

Wheelgunner

imported post

Car,

No those are an old set of Jordan Trooper grips by Herrett's. They are just for show. Given the horsepower of the weapon, I have resigned myself to carrying her in Pachmyers professional's as they are open back and 10% smaller than regulars.

Congrats though to RobR and his beautiful 10mm smith! What a weapon!