• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport OC on the Levee is ON!

hotrod

imported post

I hope I'm not the fly in the ointment as it were, but, have you talked to the Levy about this.It is private property and they have a small contingent of security there. I would love to attend just want to make sure it's the right place to go

RIAShooter

imported post

jbradford1 wrote:
Ok folks. The "Newport OC On The Levee" is set for Oct 4th..2008 beginning at 12 noon!

I have reserved the community/conference room (80 people) in the Levee for two hours.12 - 2pm, for a location to link up at. I figure 2hrs is enough time for folks to trickle in. The price for the room is $50. Maybe if enough folks come we can take up a collection to cover the cost. If it rains it will be worth it. Once together we can explore over 40 shops, stores, theaters and restaurants. There is also the Newport Aquarium. One of the best in the country. There is plenty of parking and lots to see and do. We are even going to drive a bus in the river! Plan for a full day.

I have made a "Live Maps" tour on MSN Virtual Earth. To view the tour log in with my user name = jbradford1...use my temporary password 4415855. On the right you will see-Welcome, Directions. Collections Click collections. Click Newport OC on the Levee, in the Actions box click Tour. I don’t know how to make this public…yet but I am trying.

I have contacted the NPD to give them a heads-up. I will be in phone and email contact with them from now till the event. One officer pulled up next to me while taking pictures and said, “Someone freaked when they saw you snapping pictures and wearing a gun…you are not doing anything wrong and I don’t have a problem with it. Have a nice day!”

I will post this in the Ohio and Indiana threads. to reach our brothers and sisters on the other side of the pond.

Folks. I need to know if you are coming so when you decide send me a PM or make a post to confirm your presents and encourage others.

We are going to have a blast!! I hope to see you there!

I will stay in touch.

JB…”Carry On!”

Sweet we're going to drive a bus into the river? Ha ha count me in

reefteach

imported post

By "Driving a bus into the river" are you referring to the new tourist attraction, "The Ducks":

http://newportducks.com/experience-fun/

If it goes on the Ohio side, any OCers will need a valid CHL while on board, even if OCing.

1547.69 Firearm prohibitions.

(C) No person shall knowingly transport or have a loaded firearm in a vessel in a manner that the firearm is accessible to the operator or any passenger.

(2) Divisions (C) and (D) of this section do not apply to a person who transports or possesses a handgun in a vessel and who, at the time of that transportation or possession, is carrying a valid license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun issued to the person under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code or a license to carry a concealed handgun that was issued by another state with which the attorney general has entered into a reciprocity agreement under section 109.69 of the Revised Code, unless the person knowingly is in a place on the vessel described in division (B) of section 2923.126 of the Revised Code.
Count me in. I was justat the leveelast night. I saw a movie, played some video games, and had some great sushi.

BTW- There is a gunbuster sign at the movie theatre entrance, so it might be concelaed carry only there. At least as far asI understand KY law.

tito887

imported post

Well my wife doesn't know yet but you can count on me and wife and child attending. I hope we can get a big group. Also maybe we can set up some car pooling for some of the members living in louisville and lexington area so we can have more people show up.:D

BusinessCards

imported post

There is this person I know who used to be a Newport cop. I told him via email about this meet up you guys are planning. Here is his response. I found it quite amusing.

"[font="'PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif'"]if just one of the gunmen nears a school which is near the levee... and a call comes in from a concern ... you will see a lock down of the school and SWAT respond.. you can bet on that... and that would be one day i would never go to the levee... the more guns, the greater the danger!"[/font]

RIAShooter

imported post

BusinessCards wrote:
There is this person I know who used to be a Newport cop. I told him via email about this meet up you guys are planning. Here is his response. I found it quite amusing.

"[font="'PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif'"]if just one of the gunmen nears a school which is near the levee... and a call comes in from a concern ... you will see a lock down of the school and SWAT respond.. you can bet on that... and that would be one day i would never go to the levee... the more guns, the greater the danger!"[/font]
This LEO sounds quite ignorant, if the more guns the greater the danger, no one would make it out of a gun show alive, andhow many people have died at gun shows? None that I've ever heard of

jbradford1

imported post

I understand...The gathering is scheduled for a Saturday...schools out! We would not go on school property anyway. I would WANT a police response to a "Gunman at a school" call...wouldn't you? With all the crack-heads and criminally challenged out there someone better be looking out for our kids! And a great big "thank you" to theinitiator of such a call.

We will not go by the school.....problem solved...but thanks for the heads up cuz I didn't even think of the school.

JB...."Carry On!"

RIAShooter

imported post

I agree with JBradford and the NPD on that one people are sick and crazy and I wouldn't want anyone to endanger children or want people to think that's what this group would want to do, but I stick by the fact that it was an ignorant comment made by a biased LEO.

zer0cool

imported post

LOL wow I volunteer with a local p.d. and I'm surrounded by guns all the time... hes right being in the station with all those guns around is very dangerous... Oh I forgot most LEOs are excellent weapons handlers:uhoh:... thats how 12ga. holes end up in the roof of the station and cruisers. I could just go on and on... Biased is definitely the word.

jbradford1

imported post

The duck ride...picks you up on the street in Newport....I do not know where he goes into the water but I suspect it is across the bridge in OH...He tours around on the water for awhile and then comes out on the OH side and crosses the bridge back to KY. to finish the ride...I fished the Ohio/Licking most of my younger years and I dont remember seeing a launch site on our side of the river in Newport.....We might have to nix the duck ride ideal as an armed group....you could disarm and take the family out on the river...