• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Exposed carry laws are for hunters...."

AnaxImperator

imported post

<EDIT> NOT from The High Road.

This was the original post......

Gun & Game Forums- "LEOs And Gun Knowledge"
I heard a story yesterday about the owner of a local gun store carrying his gun to a retail store (I think Walmart) and it was exposed on his belt. That is legal here in Tennessee with the carry license, though not recommended. A concerned shopper called the police - when the police officer got there, he made the guy with the gun get down on the floor, handcuffed him in front of his family and put him in the squad car. The gun owner was trying to tell the officer that the law allowed for open carry in Tennessee, but the officer didn't fully understand Tennessee's carry laws. Well, I'm sure I mis-stated something or other, but the main idea was that the officer didn't know the details of the law and probably erred on the "safe" side. I think the guy who was carrying the pistol teaches some of the carry classes at his store, and uses this story as an illustration on his recommendation to keep the firearms concealed when carrying.

And this is the opinion aG&G member pulled out of his fourth point-of-contact. :quirky

The Bozo carrying an exposed handgun in the Wal Mart deserved it. Exposed carry laws are for hunters not somebody picking up milk,bread,eggs, and kotex for or with their wives and families All he was doing was drawing attention to himself and making hinself and his family, targets.

Wow.... talk about intolerance and ignorance. And this from a person who had just previously made a statement that LEOs are clueless, andall police recruits with prior military training or firearms experience will suck at the range due to an overabundance of testosterone.... except for ex-Special Forces, for some reason they don't have too much testosterone.

BobR

imported post

Your link doesn't go to The High Road, it goes to guns and games or somw site. I did a search at THR and couldn't find the thread.

Could you fix, if it is THR I would like to look at it.

thanks

bob

AnaxImperator

imported post

My bad, I was looking at THR at the same time. I fixed the message content, but couldn't change the thread descriptor.

I've seen mentions of OC on THR before, and generalloy the response was negative, if somewhat restrained.

snake021

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
Wow.... talk about intolerance and ignorance. And this from a person who had just previously made a statement that LEOs are clueless, andall police recruits with prior military training or firearms experience will suck at the range due to an overabundance of testosterone.... except for ex-Special Forces, for some reason they don't have too much testosterone.

I read it different. I think he says that if they're ex-spec ops, then they are a little better but still have too much testosterone. Either way, you're right, a little ignorant.

But why Spec Ops guys do better is because we have higher levels of Plasma Neuropeptide-Y.:D

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10807963

Sonora Rebel

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
The Bozo carrying an exposed handgun in the Wal Mart deserved it. Exposed carry laws are for hunters not somebody picking up milk,bread,eggs, and kotex for or with their wives and families All he was doing was drawing attention to himself and making hinself and his family, targets.
Typical response from a no-nothing anti-gunner with bad ideas. Open carry is for ANYONE... anywhere at anytime for self defense. I open carry all the time when grocery shopping or any other shopping. 'Always have.He'd have a cardiac if he came to Arizona or New Mexico... 'n several other placesI can think of.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I own several arms and I am no hunter! I do not hunt, I do not have much a desire to hunt, and probably never will unless with my father.

I own guns for defense and the entertainment that comes with getting more accurate and skilled with my firearms. I make no appologies for this.

I have and will expose carry whenever I legally can.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I own several arms and I am no hunter! I do not hunt, I do not have much a desire to hunt, and probably never will unless with my father.

I own guns for defense and the entertainment that comes with getting more accurate and skilled with my firearms. I make no appologies for this.

I have and will expose carry whenever I legally can.
No apologies necessary hoss...I don't hunt either. (Used to...) I'll shoot destructive varmints tho (like ground squirrels). That's just pest eradication.