• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County Sheriff

heresolong

imported post

Went out for a long test ride today on a Harley that I put a new S&S motor into. As I rounded the corner before getting on the freeway I saw a bike pulled over under a tree with someone standing next to it. Started to pull over to see if he needed help and realized that it was a sheriff. Rather than just swerve towards him and then tear off I figured I would pull over and tell him why I had swerved towards him. Mentioned that I was stopping to see if he needed help before I realized that he was a sheriff at which point he laughed and said that he would have no trouble getting in touch with someone if he did have a problem. I bid him good day and pulled out. Only then did I remember that I had my .45 in a belt holster, outside my jacket, and he was on the strong side. No way he didn't notice it, he never blinked. Good encounter.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Good all around. It helps that you exhibited good-guy traits by stopping to help someone and the foresight to realize that you shouldn't just veer off once you realized it was a motor officer.