• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone See Anything Wrong About This Story??

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-now-shooting.a13,0,2146457.story

Originally both people were called shooting victims in the story. When I went back to copy and paste the body of the story it was changed already. WTKR has done two updates and they're still calling the break in suspect a shooting victim. WTKR's phone number (757) 446-1352. When I called I was basically told the company line that they're still looking into it.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

looks like it was updated at 6:12am

----

Updated: 6:12 a.m. Double-shooting in Suffolk this morning

BY MIKE HOLTZCLAW | 757-928-6479
6:12 AM EDT, August 13, 2008

SUFFOLK - Two people were shot in a Suffolk apartment early this morning.

Debbie George, spokeswoman for the city of Suffolk, said police responded at 4:28 a.m. to reports of a break-in at an apartment complex on Hardy Court. When they arrived at the apartment, they found the female resident and the male break-in suspect both suffering from gunshot wounds. Three children in the apartment was unharmed.

The male was flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with injuries that are described as life-threatening. The female was taken by ambulance to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. There was no immediate information on the extent of her injuries.

George said detectives were still working to determine details of the shooting

cREbralFIX

imported post

I see nothing wrong with it. Guns are shown in a negative light; therefore, it's being reported properly. :cuss:

Never mind WHY the guy was in there, what he was attempting to do, and what relationship, if any, existed between the woman and the man.

Furthermore, they don't bother giving us real data: gun used, details on the ammunition, number of shots it took to stop the guy, etc.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
I see nothing wrong with it. Guns are shown in a negative light; therefore, it's being reported properly. :cuss:

Never mind WHY the guy was in there, what he was attempting to do, and what relationship, if any, existed between the woman and the man.

Furthermore, they don't bother giving us real data: gun used, details on the ammunition, number of shots it took to stop the guy, etc.
They do tell what kind of gun and ammo used if it's a so called assault rifle.