Thread: Visiting Boise this weekend

Post imported post

I am going to be in Boise Friday and Saturday for a wedding and need to kill some time Friday afternoon. What is your favorite gun store? I want to check a couple out while I am there. Thanks in advance!

Post imported post

Impact Guns is a great place to go, very friendly and helpful, they have an indoor range also. If you are looking for a great selection of in-stock handguns and rifles, Cabelas would be your best bet.

Post imported post

Impact is good like tatersalad said. Cliff's is also one I've been to a number of times.

Impact Guns is on Executive, East of Cloverdale. Cliff's Guns Safes & Reloading is on Five Mile, South of Emerald. They are both close to each other so you can hit them one right after the other.

Post imported post

Right, I have heard Impact and Cliff's are both very good places. I don't suggest you even bother with Cabelas, I have yet to see a single person who actually works behind the gun counter know a single thing about guns.

Picture this:

Are these bullets boat-tail? "Boat...tail...?"

Is this case tumbler any good? "Whats a case tumbler?"

Do you have any shot timers? "Why would you need to time a shot?"

Are these plated bullets as good as jacketed? "I didn't know there was a difference."

Save your time and money, go to Sportsmans Warehouse, it is right across from the Meridian Walmart.

Post imported post

Been to the chain stores, but I was curious if there were any cool local stores there. Thanks for the info. I will have to check them out tomorrow.

Post imported post

Sounds like today you are in town. Boise Gun Company down in Garden City.

Not really clean like Impact or or a chain store, but they have A LOT of guns.

Post imported post

Dang, missed that last post before I went. I only made it to Impact Guns, and was impressed I wish I had more time so I could check out the indoor range. They have a Wilson Combat 1911 to rent and I would have liked to shoot it. Employees were great and they were OCing in the store. I thought that was cool.

On a side note... the reason I went to Boise in the first place was for a wedding on my Wife's side of the family. I was going to OC, but because of some circumstances, my wife asked that I not do it so I didn't draw attention away from the bride and groom. I grudgingly agreed... We get to the park in Idaho City. Get out of car. Groom and groomsmen were OCing. Two had colt 1911s and one had a H&K USP 9mm. I immediately booked it back to my car and put mine on. Later noticed groom's dad OCing a 1911 also. Best wedding I've been to in a while.

Post imported post

OC weddings!