• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in the Federal buiding?

DEROS72

imported post

You guys may have discussed this somewhere, my apologies if i"m repeating a topic.I need to go to the federal building downtown.Do they have a lock box setup to check your firearm like maybe the courthouse and other buildings?Or can you carry there at all in the public areas.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Not at this time you can not at all. What the future holds is unknown butif the Government and the bureaucrats have their way "NEVER" and no one will have guns anymore.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Bear,You know if certain people get ellected I believe we will end up with house to house gun grabs.I OC just about everywhere anymore and in my area never have a problem.Although I get the occasional comment"We need to make that illegal".Was at the range yesterday and 3 guys came in 1 diverted the range operater while the other put a rented glock in the restroom where the third grabbed it and they all ran off.This kind of crap the media loves to get a hold of and use for the ban guns agenda..

Bear 45/70

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thanks Bear,You know if certain people get ellected I believe we will end up with house to house gun grabs.I OC just about everywhere anymore and in my area never have a problem.Although I get the occasional comment"We need to make that illegal".Was at the range yesterday and 3 guys came in 1 diverted the range operater while the other put a rented glock in the restroom where the third grabbed it and they all ran off.This kind of crap the media loves to get a hold of and use for the ban guns agenda..
private ranges don't have those kind of problems. Public could do a number of thing to prevent it, but won't because in might hurt business. For rentals holding the DL and CPL and don't rent to unknowns without a CPLwould solve their gun theft problem, but would drop the rental volume. It's a security thing. Yesterday a new bank teller asked me for IDand apologized for it. I told her no need, she did the right thing, she didn't know me yet and I suppose the revolver on my hip made her a bit nervous, but she will remember me next time like all the others in the bank do. Besides, she was protecting my bank account.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats funny you mentioned your bank.My daughter is a branch manager for WAMU .When she was over the other night I asked what is your banks policy if someone carries a firearm into the branch.Properly holstered of course.She said I don,t know its illegal right.I told my kid thats why I bank at US they don,t have a problem with it.At least my branch.I had to give her a pamphlet and a crash course on the laws in WA. I advised her it,s something as a branch manager she should certainly know.Then I told her one of these days I'll send some of my OC buddies around and test her knowledge.....As for the range a friend with us had to rent and all they asked for was a DL.

Bear 45/70

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Thats funny you mentioned your bank.My daughter is a branch manager for WAMU .When she was over the other night I asked what is your banks policy if someone carries a firearm into the branch.Properly holstered of course.She said I don,t know its illegal right.I told my kid thats why I bank at US they don,t have a problem with it.At least my branch.I had to give her a pamphlet and a crash course on the laws in WA. I advised her it,s something as a branch manager she should certainly know.Then I told her one of these days I'll send some of my OC buddies around and test her knowledge.....As for the range a friend with us had to rent and all they asked for was a DL.
I know, but fake or stolen DLs are easy to get, which makes what those 3 guys did wat to easy. Now just how many CPls are faked or stolen? A lot less just due to there beingfewer of them out there.

DEROS72

imported post

Very true .Check this out the antis are going to have a field day with this...also note the gang banger wannabe's around here are the only ones that seem to have a problem with me carrying.I know for a fact a couple of them are recently out of prison and over heard another talking about how he had to stay low because of an outstanding warrant.. sorry sort of got off topic.

Gunman wounds Arkansas Democratic Party chairman
AP - 9 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A gunman barged into the Arkansas Democratic Party headquarters Wednesday morning and shot the state party chairman three times, critically wounding him, authorities and party officials said. The suspect was later shot during a 30-mile police chase and died, authorities said. Police said he was 51 years old, but have not identified him.

Derka

imported post

Ok, this is too absurd not too comment on. They can say without a doubt that this guy is 51 years old without identifying him?

bcp

imported post

Derka wrote:
Ok, this is too absurd not too comment on. They can say without a doubt that this guy is 51 years old without identifying him?

They can if they know who it is but are not telling his name, only his age.

ElJefe1911

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
What range was this? Were you actually in the building and saw this happen or you just heard about it?

DEROS72

imported post

We were actually there and saw the people.2 got away ,they held one there untill police caqme.We hung around incase they needed a statement.It was Champion arms in Kent.Personally I have always had excellent service there.Was totally a set up.One of the guys apparently put the snuck the rental 9mm into the bathroom where the others grabbed it and ran off.

Derka

imported post

bcp wrote:
Derka wrote:

They can if they know who it is but are not telling his name, only his age.
That almost makes sense. Shouldn't the sentence have read something to the effect of "police are not releasing his identity" rather than "he has not been identified but is 51 years old"?