• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laser bore sighting

icode

imported post

Whats say you? Have any of you used them? I saw the LaserLyte brand for around $40.00 and I was just wondering if y'all have any experience with these.

Thanks.

MFuess

imported post

icode wrote:
Whats say you? Have any of you used them? I saw the LaserLyte brand for around $40.00 and I was just wondering if y'all have any experience with these.

Thanks.
I use a laser bore-sighter for preliminary adjusting. I bought mine at Wally World for about 40 bucks.The laserreally helps to pre-set your sights at close range, especailly if you have a Holoscope. Then you can fine tune your sights with actual shooting adjustments. ALSO, if you have a cat... they just love chasing the red dot!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MFuess wrote:
I use a laser bore-sighter for preliminary adjusting. I bought mine at Wally World for about 40 bucks. The laser really helps to pre-set your sights at close range, especailly if you have a Holoscope. Then you can fine tune your sights with actual shooting adjustments.

Exactly. Laser bore sighting is great for getting the bullet on the target, but usually you need to actually fire one to see where it lands.

MFuess wrote:
[ALSO, if you have a cat... they just love chasing the red dot!

lol, so true. :lol:

icode

imported post

MFuess wrote:
icode wrote:

Thanks.
I use a laser bore-sighter for preliminary adjusting. I bought mine at Wally World for about 40 bucks.The laserreally helps to pre-set your sights at close range, especailly if you have a Holoscope. Then you can fine tune your sights with actual shooting adjustments. ALSO, if you have a cat... they just love chasing the red dot!
Sorry for my ignorrance but what is a Holoscope?

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You think cats go crazy for it. . you should see Army soldiers!! I remember back in AIT at Ft. Gordon I would take of the screen to my window and shine it our on the common area at night. . . These guys would go CRAZY trying to figure out where it was coming from. . .

But seriously I just bought one at this last weekends gun-show to sight in my scout scope and my red-dot before heading to the range the next day. . . both were dead on for a 25 yard shoot when tested. . . that allowed me to make the small adjustemnts to 100, 200, and then 300 yds.

For $40 it saved me a lot of ammo.