• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seatac Shooting

Triple Tap

imported post

KIRO RADIO Staff Police are looking for the person who shot a Des Moines man Tuesday night when he was walking on S. 208th St. with his girlfriend.
He told police he was going to visit friends at the Willow Lake Apartments in SeaTac, where the shooting took place.
The 42-year-old victim is at Harborview Medical Center with a gunshot wound in the stomach.

DEROS72

imported post

I live in the Willow lake apts.heard the shot tuesday from my deck.Why do think I carry its this neiborhood.Gangbangers all that around here..I should have checked this place out a little better before I moved in.Like I said in another post I am on the second floor and over heard one day someguy telling someone how he has to be cool cause he is dodging a warrant.Someone else talking about how he just got out of prison. I just saw that article on the news a minute ago wierd!By the way a buddy of mine and myself are the only ones seen in this complex carrying.Even the manager knows I have my CPL.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

See it's random acts of violence like this that makes me carry. When I was atsome places OCing i sometimes think. This places seemssafe by me OCing here it may be a over kill:). But when I read things like this. It really brings home the reason why I OC and carry at all.

When I felt like my OC was a over kill, I just say to myself. criminals do not care who you are, where your location is, what time of theday it is, and who is around. They will harm you just for the joy of it.

DEROS72

imported post

Like I said before it is only the ganbangers and wannabes that have a problem with the OC. and I don't care, I will not be in a position that I cannot defend myself against this sort of thing.

DEROS72

imported post

All of a sudden I have people here at the complex wanting pamphlets and info on gun rights.

joeroket

imported post

Isn't it interesting how a tragedy invokes thought and fear when the thought and fear should have been there in the first place. Complacency is not a friend to any of us.

DEROS72

imported post

isn't that the truth?? Of course these gang bangers and such around here look at me funny because I,m the only one known to carry.Almost 3 or 4 times a week I see police here carting someone off......

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Willow Lake ain't that bad. You want to see some real action, move to Creston Park over in Skyway. :shock:

Seriously though - Burien, Seatac, White Center, Skyway are the areas I suggest people avoid when visiting or choosing an area to live.

If you want info on crimes in a particular area, the breakdown for unincorporated King County, and the cities that contract with the Sheriff for service (Skykomish, Shoreline, Kenmore, Woodinville, Beaux Arts,Sammamish, North Bend, Newcastle, Maple Valley, Covington, Seatac, and Burien)can be found here:

http://www.metrokc.gov/CrimeStats/default.aspx

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Boss that is very interesting info.I,m sure there are worse areas .I just go by what I see around me.Does that cover all responses or only those of King County Sheriff.?

Triple Tap

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Willow Lake ain't that bad. You want to see some real action, move to Creston Park over in Skyway. :shock:

Seriously though - Burien, Seatac, White Center, Skyway are the areas I suggest people avoid when visiting or choosing an area to live.

If you want info on crimes in a particular area, the breakdown for unincorporated King County, and the cities that contract with the Sheriff for service (Skykomish, Shoreline, Kenmore, Woodinville, Beaux Arts,Sammamish, North Bend, Newcastle, Maple Valley, Covington, Seatac, and Burien)can be found here:

Hey now... some of grew up in Whitecenter. Whats wrong with that area :cool: ?
of course, I have carried a gun since I was 22 years old too....hmmmm??

joeroket

imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
911Boss wrote:

Whitecenter in the late 80's - early 90's scared the crap put of me.:shock:

Triple Tap

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Triple Tap wrote:
911Boss wrote:

Whitecenter in the late 80's - early 90's scared the crap put of me.:shock:
you should have seen it in the 70's then. Lots of bikers. 80 and 90's was the true gangland stuff.

DEROS72

imported post

Yeah I lived in Federal Way in the 80's.My wife at the time was a bartender at a Denny's that was next to the Fred Meyer on International.She went out to the car after shift and all the windows had been shot out.I moved to Las Vegas In the early 90,s and had a nice country clup place in Palm Springs for a while which my ex now has along with my ex money.But we never saw much of that kind of crap..

Triple Tap

imported post

The bandidos still run strong in Whitecenter. But they arent on the normal "gang" list. The PI just is now doing a big two part story on Seattle Gangs, very interresting. I dont have the link.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

911Boss wrote:

This is funny because DEROS72 lives in SeaTac and I live in Burien. I had left his apartment just about an hour before the shooting. He & I are the only ones known to OC in his complex. We thought the cops might be paying us a visit but they didn't.