• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am finally working up the "nerve"

yeahYeah

imported post

As many of you know, i have been a bit apprechensive about OCing all the time. I have my CCW and conceal almost everywhere, but the past few days, i have been like "what the hell"...lemme just do it. OC into starbux...not even a look. i was nervous as hell. After all, i have not OC'd in urban areas near where i work, but in the more rural areas and pahrump.

Today, walked into a gas station convenience store OCing... 2 homies saw me walk in and glanced at my peice. As i was waiting on line to be rung up, a big dude was behind me. maybe 2 times the size of me. i saw him in the corner of my eye checking out the heater. I was less nervous this time around.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

good for you man:lol:HAHA I just started OCing also, I was a bit nervous and I could not even think straight at times. I even was slightly shakingespecially when i went into my bank:). But once you OC a few times You will see that it is not bad at all, andmost people will not say anything to you about it at all.Welcome to the WOCC (World Of Open Carry):celebrate

AnakinsKid

imported post

The nervousness will fade. I still laugh at the looks people give me.

Last week I was OCing a gun on each side while carrying my shotgun, rifle and range bag (with a couple guns poking out of it) up the stairs to my apartment. I had my shotshell bandolier across my chest - fully loaded, of course. New guy moving in saw me and asked, "You a cop?" "Nope." "You security?" "Nope." "Uhhh....":shock:

I just laughed the rest of the way up the stairs and yelled back down at him "You don't have to be a cop or security to carry a gun. It's legal, and it's our right. I've got all these out cause I was just at the range for target practice." He seemed slightly less scared, so I left it at that.

yeahYeah

imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:

Last week I was OCing a gun on each side while carrying my shotgun, rifle and range bag (with a couple guns poking out of it) up the stairs to my apartment. I had my shotshell bandolier across my chest - fully loaded, of course. New guy moving in saw me and asked, "You a cop?" "Nope." "You security?" "Nope." "Uhhh....":shock:

I just laughed the rest of the way up the stairs and yelled back down at him "You don't have to be a cop or security to carry a gun. It's legal, and it's our right. I've got all these out cause I was just at the range for target practice." He seemed slightly less scared, so I left it at that.
Luke - do you have a rambo complex or is your job just that dangerous? :lol:

AnakinsKid

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
AnakinsKid wrote:

Luke - do you have a rambo complex or is your job just that dangerous? :lol:
Little of both. But it is fun to scare the sheep occasionally.:lol:

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Little of both. But it is fun to scare the sheep occasionally.
I know this was only intended in jest, but just remember that for every person that posts here, there are a hundred or a thousand reading. Many of them are likely non-carrying citizens, LEO, politicians, etc. The more publicity the OC movement generates, the more traffic these forums will receive.

Just keep in mind how someone not part of our group is going to interpret what you write.

Hope everyone's having a great week.

-Bob