Thread: Suggestions Needed for Taurus 650

Post imported post

I just picked up a Taurus 650 Cia 357. in SS. I have been looking at several
    sites and can't seem to find one for this model. It is the hammerless and
    similar to an 85.

I would like a leather owb with a 3 slot so I could wear it with a cant if
    possible or I looked a fobus but they don't seem to have one for this model.

I have googled it to death and either I am blind or not a lot of holsters out
    there for this gun yet.

Thanks,

Tim

Post imported post

Hey Tim, I see this is a fairly old post, so I'm hoping you've found a holster. I have the 850, the .38 spl version of that gun in blue. I have been looking all over hell's backyard for a good OC holster for it, preferably a retention holster. Have you found anything?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I ended up ordering a Don Hume Open Top Belt Holster H721 OT. I got it in Black and
    found it online at gunnersalley.com for 40.00 plus shipping. The reason I did was the owner emailed me back with a few holsters pictures and all was one of the few online vendors who actually took the time to answer me.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Post imported post

Thanks, Tim. I looked up that holster, and it looks like a nice one, something I would CC with. I've actually considered a holster much like that. I ended up finding one by Galco with a thumb break retention strap. It's a high ride holster, and it doesn't fit well with my orangutan arms, but so far it's the only one i've found that fits most of what I want. It's the F.L.E.T.C.H. High Ride Belt Holster. It's nice, and I'll be more comfortable carrying openly with some sort of retention. Thanks for the response, and carry on!
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.