• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suggestions Needed for Taurus 650

calmspirit

imported post

I just picked up a Taurus 650 Cia 357. in SS. I have been looking at several
sites and can't seem to find one for this model. It is the hammerless and
similar to an 85.

I would like a leather owb with a 3 slot so I could wear it with a cant if
possible or I looked a fobus but they don't seem to have one for this model.

I have googled it to death and either I am blind or not a lot of holsters out
there for this gun yet.

Thanks,

Tim

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Hey Tim, I see this is a fairly old post, so I'm hoping you've found a holster. I have the 850, the .38 spl version of that gun in blue. I have been looking all over hell's backyard for a good OC holster for it, preferably a retention holster. Have you found anything?

calmspirit

imported post

I ended up ordering a Don Hume Open Top Belt Holster H721 OT. I got it in Black and
found it online at gunnersalley.com for 40.00 plus shipping. The reason I did was the owner emailed me back with a few holsters pictures and all was one of the few online vendors who actually took the time to answer me.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Thanks, Tim. I looked up that holster, and it looks like a nice one, something I would CC with. I've actually considered a holster much like that. I ended up finding one by Galco with a thumb break retention strap. It's a high ride holster, and it doesn't fit well with my orangutan arms, but so far it's the only one i've found that fits most of what I want. It's the F.L.E.T.C.H. High Ride Belt Holster. It's nice, and I'll be more comfortable carrying openly with some sort of retention. Thanks for the response, and carry on!