Thread: What kind of guns are these?

Post imported post

I'm sure somebody on here can figure this out. I saw these photos of the new girl playing in Tomb Raider, these guns are not familiar to me.

For all of the photos:

http://thesuperficial.com/2008/08/al...amp;bfm_page=0

Here are a few:

They seem like SIGs with extended barrels and a funky compensator thing that appears to add to muzzle flip if it actually diverts the blast downward. The only SIG with a grip like that (That I know of) is the 250, but the decocker/safety don't look like that on the 250. The slide is definitely SIG-like. Is this some strange mixture of multiple SIGs? Is it not a SIG at all? I cannot, for the life of me, determine the make of these guns!

Also note that in the top picture she appears to be pulling the trigger with the gun in her right hand.

Post imported post

They appear to be H&K USP Match pistols. That funky extension at the front is a muzzle weight to prevent flip.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Look like HK USP Match pistols to me...the same ones used in the Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie.

Post imported post

I'd love to help but I get Acces Denied when I try to view the link, and Red X's on the images themselves.

I can view Image shack or google images if you host them there.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I agree H&Ks pimped up.

Post imported post

Gotcha, I've never seen any Tomb Raider movies, but this H&K USP Match thing makes sense to me.

I knew I could trust you guise! :P

(Yes, I am 1337, dur hur)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yep! Them's the ones! HK USP Match.

Post imported post

Hmm.....I like the new Lara Croft actor.......

Post imported post

Now that we know what they are is it necessary to point out, looking at the second picture, that if she actually fired that pistol, given her thump position and large gap between the web of her hand and the beavertail, that she would be lucky to even hold on to the pistol let alone have a follow-up shot? At least they gave Angelina Jolie training with certified instructors who taught her proper grip and technique. This new chick would be lucky to handle a squirt gun without hurting herself or someone else.

Contrast the new chick's grip with Angelina Jolie's grip. Jolie's web is tight up under the beavertail, her fingers are together and tight up under the trigger guard and her finger is along the frame rather than on the trigger.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

What gun?:what: You are spending too much time worrying about guns when someone shows you a picture of nekkid wimmins withguns and the first thing that pops into your mind is what brand of guns are they.

Post imported post

I think the gun is ugly.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Now that we know what they are is it necessary to point out, looking at the second picture, that if she actually fired that pistol, given her thump position and large gap between the web of her hand and the beavertail, that she would be lucky to even hold on to the pistol let alone have a follow-up shot? At least they gave Angelina Jolie training with certified instructors who taught her proper grip and technique. This new chick would be lucky to handle a squirt gun without hurting herself or someone else.

Contrast the new chick's grip with Angelina Jolie's grip. Jolie's web is tight up under the beavertail, her fingers are together and tight up under the trigger guard and her finger is along the frame rather than on the trigger.
    Given the mirror wall and the floor, it looks like a rehearsal hall to me. If that is the case, she might be practicing some sort of action scene, and just maybe there is some coach nearby who might give her pointers on what needs to be corrected to pull off the scene.

Howsomever, Hollywierd is not known for insisting on technical correctness when it comes to action scenes, so she might just be getting the camera angles down. CGA will be able to fill in the muzzle blast later.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    I think the gun is ugly.
    I agree, it was just annoying me that I didn't know what it was. That compensator/weight thing looks like incredibly cheap plastic. From certain angles it doesn't even seem to fit properly.

PT111 wrote:
    What gun?:what: You are spending too much time worrying about guns when someone shows you a picture of nekkid wimmins withguns and the first thing that pops into your mind is what brand of guns are they.
    Honestly I'm not that worried about some lady I have no chance of ever even meeting. This was posted on other forums and I couldn't figure out what the guns were, so I had to ask you guys (GUISE).

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    [b][user=1582]
    Howsomever, Hollywierd is not known for insisting on technical correctness when it comes to action scenes, so she might just be getting the camera angles down.
    According to the linked article, she isn't going to be in any of the movies or anything. She will just be doing some publicity appearances and tv ads.

Post imported post

mkl wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    [b][user=1582]
    Howsomever, Hollywierd is not known for insisting on technical correctness when it comes to action scenes, so she might just be getting the camera angles down.
    According to the linked article, she isn't going to be in any of the movies or anything. She will just be doing some publicity appearances and tv ads.
    Fooey! That gal looks a lot better than Angelina Jolie.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Huck wrote:
    Fooey! That gal looks a lot better than Angelina Jolie.

I am not saying the girl is not eye candy...

...but, better than Jolie????

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:

And there's the fact that Angelina Jolie owns and shoots guns in real life, which adds +10 to the hotness factor. Even look at her pose, her finger is indexed properly while that other chick has her fingers on the trigger while posing.

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    there's the fact that Angelina Jolie owns and shoots guns in real life, which adds +10 to the hotness factor.
    Most definitely.... And before I knew, I figured she'd be lock-step with all the other Hollywood hoplophobes, what with her & Brad's humanitarian activities....

Post imported post

is there a target she intends shooting beyond the camera?

bad practice! haha

Post imported post

Dear Lawd she's freakin gorgeous! SOOOOO much hotter than Angie.

More information