• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of guns are these?

Weak 9mm

imported post

I'm sure somebody on here can figure this out. I saw these photos of the new girl playing in Tomb Raider, these guns are not familiar to me.

For all of the photos:

http://thesuperficial.com/2008/08/alison_carroll_is_the_new_face.php?bfm_index=7&bfm_page=0

Here are a few:

gallery_enlarged-0812_alison_carroll_lara_14.jpg

gallery_enlarged-0812_alison_carroll_lara_06.jpg

They seem like SIGs with extended barrels and a funky compensator thing that appears to add to muzzle flip if it actually diverts the blast downward. The only SIG with a grip like that (That I know of) is the 250, but the decocker/safety don't look like that on the 250. The slide is definitely SIG-like. Is this some strange mixture of multiple SIGs? Is it not a SIG at all? I cannot, for the life of me, determine the make of these guns! :cuss:

Also note that in the top picture she appears to be pulling the trigger with the gun in her right hand. :banghead:

mkl

imported post

Look like HK USP Match pistols to me...the same ones used in the Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie.

Dustin

imported post

I'd love to help but I get Acces Denied when I try to view the link, and Red X's on the images themselves.

I can view Image shack or google images if you host them there.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Gotcha, I've never seen any Tomb Raider movies, but this H&K USP Match thing makes sense to me.

uspmatchtarget.jpg

I knew I could trust you guise! :p

(Yes, I am 1337, dur hur)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now that we know what they are is it necessary to point out, looking at the second picture, that if she actually fired that pistol, given her thump position and large gap between the web of her hand and the beavertail, that she would be lucky to even hold on to the pistol let alone have a follow-up shot? At least they gave Angelina Jolie training with certified instructors who taught her proper grip and technique. This new chick would be lucky to handle a squirt gun without hurting herself or someone else.

Contrast the new chick's grip with Angelina Jolie's grip. Jolie's web is tight up under the beavertail, her fingers are together and tight up under the trigger guard and her finger is along the frame rather than on the trigger.

PT111

imported post

What gun?:what: You are spending too much time worrying about guns when someone shows you a picture of nekkid wimmins withguns and the first thing that pops into your mind is what brand of guns are they. :banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Now that we know what they are is it necessary to point out, looking at the second picture, that if she actually fired that pistol, given her thump position and large gap between the web of her hand and the beavertail, that she would be lucky to even hold on to the pistol let alone have a follow-up shot? At least they gave Angelina Jolie training with certified instructors who taught her proper grip and technique. This new chick would be lucky to handle a squirt gun without hurting herself or someone else.

Contrast the new chick's grip with Angelina Jolie's grip. Jolie's web is tight up under the beavertail, her fingers are together and tight up under the trigger guard and her finger is along the frame rather than on the trigger.

Given the mirror wall and the floor, it looks like a rehearsal hall to me. If that is the case, she might be practicing some sort of action scene, and just maybe there is some coach nearby who might give her pointers on what needs to be corrected to pull off the scene.

Howsomever, Hollywierd is not known for insisting on technical correctness when it comes to action scenes, so she might just be getting the camera angles down. CGA will be able to fill in the muzzle blast later.

stay safe.

skidmark

Weak 9mm

imported post

Dustin wrote:
I think the gun is ugly.
I agree, it was just annoying me that I didn't know what it was. That compensator/weight thing looks like incredibly cheap plastic. From certain angles it doesn't even seem to fit properly.

PT111 wrote:
What gun?:what: You are spending too much time worrying about guns when someone shows you a picture of nekkid wimmins withguns and the first thing that pops into your mind is what brand of guns are they. :banghead:
Honestly I'm not that worried about some lady I have no chance of ever even meeting. This was posted on other forums and I couldn't figure out what the guns were, so I had to ask you guys (GUISE).

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:

And there's the fact that Angelina Jolie owns and shoots guns in real life, which adds +10 to the hotness factor. Even look at her pose, her finger is indexed properly while that other chick has her fingers on the trigger while posing.

AnaxImperator

imported post

asforme wrote:
there's the fact that Angelina Jolie owns and shoots guns in real life, which adds +10 to the hotness factor.

Most definitely.... And before I knew, I figured she'd be lock-step with all the other Hollywood hoplophobes, what with her & Brad's humanitarian activities....