• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blogger says OpenCarry.org is best the best gun rights site; lauds facelift

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://libertyismyhomie.blogspot.com/2008/08/opencarryorg-gets-facelift.html

Thursday, August 14, 2008
OpenCarry.org Gets a Facelift

OpenCarry.org, quite possibly the best site for communicating state-by-state legislation related to the carrying, transportation, or sale of firearms, just got an upgrade.

The revamped layout even has video channels that showcase news clips by jurisdiction. But most importantly, the site will serve as a resource by those who currently conceal/open carry due to the constantly changing man-made legislation (as opposed to natural law) as well as those who are considering carrying.

Perhaps the most startling thing for me was the map above, which shows that in a number of states it is illegal for a private party (i.e. me) to sell a firearm to another private party (i.e. you). Something tells me this legislation may be ignored from time to time...

Posted by Peter M. Eyre at 8:00 AM