Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before CCDW arrives?

Post imported post

A question for those in Kentucky who have received your CCDW. How long did it take you after you turned in your paperwork to the sheriff's office? I noticed that my sheriff's office had already cashed my check, but the Kentucky State Police has not. Anyone actually pay attention how long it took after the KSP cashed their check to receive their CCDW?

Post imported post

after the KSP cashed the check? About a week.

It should take 2-4 weeks for you to get your CCDW training certificate & another 2-4 weeks for the permit after you apply @ the SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

I talked to Alice Strange in Frankfort and she said thery were backed up with renewals and new applications. Said they were at about 4 weeks
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Post imported post

Took the CCDW class in KY on July 13, 2008. Paid the fee and turned in paperwork on July 28, 2008. Had permit in hand August 19, 2008.

Post imported post

Not that long USUALLY as others have noted.

I retired back to Ky in 1997 and after the obligatory six months of residency, applied for mine. I was turned down the first time because someone in UTAH had same name or something and had never appeared for a summons in 1967!

Got it straightened out and KSP issued me a clearance in case I was ever pulled over and then issued my license.:celebrateJust be patient.

Post imported post

Took the course at Big Hill7/26, submitted to Sheriff 8/7, picked up license yesterday (9/8). Not too bad, Fla took about 9-10 weeks to issue when I lived there.

Post imported post

Lucky.....

Turned in my stuff to the Sheriff on 8/6. Check was cashed by KSP on 8/19. As of 9/10, still have not received my "flashpak" to pick up my license.

Post imported post

Been 5 weeks since I turned my paperwork in and paid the SO. Still waiting patiently.

Will give it till Monday, then I'm going to start calling to find out where its at.

EDIT

Just looked. Its been 2 weeks since they cashed my check. SO I guess I'll be getting it any time now.

Post imported post

Well I finally got mine in. Just took 6 1/2 weeks. Guess the hollidays had them being really slow. Been 3 1/2 weeks since they cashed the check. So you can't go by that...

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

How long did it take them to deposit your check? We filed our paperwork on 12-31-2008 and I haven't seen it hit my account yet.

Post imported post

It took 2 weeks for them to deposit it, then another 4 1/2 weeks to get everything approved.

One thing though. Mine took place during the hollidays as yours did. They are off alot around the Hdays. So be patient as it does take them longer than normal.

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA

Post imported post

You gotta remember, since the overwhelming democratic control of government took place, people are paranoid and are rushing to get these permits. I took my course at Bluegrass Indoor Range on 1/10/2009. There were at least 30 people... and that is just one range. Imagine how many people statewide took a course that weekend alone. They must be swamped in Frankfort.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

I put in my paperwork on December 31st, they cashed the checks on January 16th, and I still haven't received my flash pack in the mail. It's been like 48 days since i put in my paperwork. I know they have 90 days to get it to me, but this is ridiculous.

I also took my class at BlueGrass Indoor Range on December 6th.

Post imported post

Put in my paperwork 2/4/09....we shall see how long....

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Well, we just got our flash packs in the mail, and I went downtown and picked up our permits.

We put our paperwork in 12/31/2008 and got our packs on 02/20/2009 so that's what, 51 days?

Post imported post

I took the CCDW class on January 3rd. Turned certificate in to the County Sheriff's Office on January 30th. Had my permit in hand on February 18th.

Post imported post

Sent in paperwork 2/4/09, recieved my flash packet on Saturday 2/21/09...total of 17 days.

Post imported post

Filed with the Sheriff 2/6/09. As of 02/24/09 Still waiting here.

Appears some go much faster than others.

Craig

Post imported post

J. Craig wrote:
    Filed with the Sheriff 2/6/09. As of 02/24/09 Still waiting here.

Appears some go much faster than others.

Craig

Received Notice To pick up license 3/4 . Wife who filed at the same time I did has not received her notice nor was here license at the sheriff's offce when I picked up my license.

FWIW, yoru check clearing is aparently of not indication. My license was issues on 2/27 but the check to the KSP has not made itto the bank yet.

Post imported post

My delivered my paperwork on Saturday February 14 and got my flash pack today, March 10. :celebrate

Post imported post

Well I turned in my paperwork on March 17th and still nothing, going on 7 weeks. A guy I work with said it took him 8 weeks so who knows.

Post imported post

crittergitter wrote:
    Well I turned in my paperwork on March 17th and still nothing, going on 7 weeks. A guy I work with said it took him 8 weeks so who knows.
    With government in charge of when things get done, who knows when you'll get it. This is not Burger King, you get nothing your way. Fortunately, they are required to get things done in a specified number of days, if I remember correctly.

Enter the Obama administration and his leftist collectivist agenda. Just think how long we'll all be waiting in lines for our government cheese and bread after our beloved leader takes over the food industry! Maybe the cheese will be moldy, and we will all smell like street people?

I got my CCW 4 weeks or so after jumping through their hoops, including taking a photo of myself with a digital camera, printing it, and taking it down to the Fayette County Sheriff's office. All to avoid the possibility of someone tampering with the photo. Like that couldn't be done before I printed it? I should have made my mustache bigger.

Other than the asinine printed photo rule, I think they actually did a pretty good job getting it done quickly. The Fayette Co. Sherrif's office staff was professional and courteous, but at least one lady doesn't know the difference between a "gun permit" and a CCW. Other than that, great job guys!

Post imported post

Well its 7 weeks today and still nothing.

Post imported post

Call Alice Strange in Frankfort. Her number can be obtained from the Kentucky State Police website. She is in charge of that department and is a very nice lady.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Post imported post

Well a friend that went thru the training with me got his today so I will give it a couple of more days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast