• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long before CCDW arrives?

PAB

imported post

A question for those in Kentucky who have received your CCDW. How long did it take you after you turned in your paperwork to the sheriff's office? I noticed that my sheriff's office had already cashed my check, but the Kentucky State Police has not. Anyone actually pay attention how long it took after the KSP cashed their check to receive their CCDW?

FightingGlock19

imported post

after the KSP cashed the check? About a week.

It should take 2-4 weeks for you to get your CCDW training certificate & another 2-4 weeks for the permit after you apply @ the SO.

hotrod

imported post

I talked to Alice Strange in Frankfort and she said thery were backed up with renewals and new applications. Said they were at about 4 weeks

BusinessCards

imported post

Took the CCDW class in KY on July 13, 2008. Paid the fee and turned in paperwork on July 28, 2008. Had permit in hand August 19, 2008.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Not that long USUALLY as others have noted.

I retired back to Ky in 1997 and after the obligatory six months of residency, applied for mine. I was turned down the first time because someone in UTAH had same name or something and had never appeared for a summons in 1967!:cuss:

Got it straightened out and KSP issued me a clearance in case I was ever pulled over and then issued my license.:celebrateJust be patient.

Hiram325

imported post

Took the course at Big Hill7/26, submitted to Sheriff 8/7, picked up license yesterday (9/8). Not too bad, Fla took about 9-10 weeks to issue when I lived there.

PAB

imported post

Lucky.....

Turned in my stuff to the Sheriff on 8/6. Check was cashed by KSP on 8/19. As of 9/10, still have not received my "flashpak" to pick up my license.

dodge310

imported post

Been 5 weeks since I turned my paperwork in and paid the SO. Still waiting patiently.

Will give it till Monday, then I'm going to start calling to find out where its at.

EDIT

Just looked. Its been 2 weeks since they cashed my check. SO I guess I'll be getting it any time now.

dodge310

imported post

Well I finally got mine in. Just took 6 1/2 weeks. Guess the hollidays had them being really slow. Been 3 1/2 weeks since they cashed the check. So you can't go by that...:(

dodge310

imported post

It took 2 weeks for them to deposit it, then another 4 1/2 weeks to get everything approved.

One thing though. Mine took place during the hollidays as yours did. They are off alot around the Hdays. So be patient as it does take them longer than normal.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

You gotta remember, since the overwhelming democratic control of government took place, people are paranoid and are rushing to get these permits. I took my course at Bluegrass Indoor Range on 1/10/2009. There were at least 30 people... and that is just one range. Imagine how many people statewide took a course that weekend alone. They must be swamped in Frankfort.

corey1981

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I put in my paperwork on December 31st, they cashed the checks on January 16th, and I still haven't received my flash pack in the mail. :( It's been like 48 days since i put in my paperwork. I know they have 90 days to get it to me, but this is ridiculous.

I also took my class at BlueGrass Indoor Range on December 6th.

corey1981

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Well, we just got our flash packs in the mail, and I went downtown and picked up our permits.

We put our paperwork in 12/31/2008 and got our packs on 02/20/2009 so that's what, 51 days?

J. Craig

imported post

Filed with the Sheriff 2/6/09. As of 02/24/09 Still waiting here.

Appears some go much faster than others.

Craig

J. Craig

imported post

J. Craig wrote:
Filed with the Sheriff 2/6/09. As of 02/24/09 Still waiting here.

Appears some go much faster than others.

Craig

Received Notice To pick up license 3/4 . Wife who filed at the same time I did has not received her notice nor was here license at the sheriff's offce when I picked up my license.

FWIW, yoru check clearing is aparently of not indication. My license was issues on 2/27 but the check to the KSP has not made itto the bank yet.

sipowicz

imported post

My delivered my paperwork on Saturday February 14 and got my flash pack today, March 10. :celebrate