• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long before CCDW arrives?

crittergitter

imported post

Well I turned in my paperwork on March 17th and still nothing, going on 7 weeks. A guy I work with said it took him 8 weeks so who knows.

Statesman

imported post

crittergitter wrote:
Well I turned in my paperwork on March 17th and still nothing, going on 7 weeks. A guy I work with said it took him 8 weeks so who knows.
With government in charge of when things get done, who knows when you'll get it. This is not Burger King, you get nothing your way. Fortunately, they are required to get things done in a specified number of days, if I remember correctly.

Enter the Obama administration and his leftist collectivist agenda. Just think how long we'll all be waiting in lines for our government cheese and bread after our beloved leader takes over the food industry! Maybe the cheese will be moldy, and we will all smell like street people?

I got my CCW 4 weeks or so after jumping through their hoops, including taking a photo of myself with a digital camera, printing it, and taking it down to the Fayette County Sheriff's office. All to avoid the possibility of someone tampering with the photo. Like that couldn't be done before I printed it? I should have made my mustache bigger.

Other than the asinine printed photo rule, I think they actually did a pretty good job getting it done quickly. The Fayette Co. Sherrif's office staff was professional and courteous, but at least one lady doesn't know the difference between a "gun permit" and a CCW. Other than that, great job guys!

hotrod

imported post

Call Alice Strange in Frankfort. Her number can be obtained from the Kentucky State Police website. She is in charge of that department and is a very nice lady.

crittergitter

imported post

Well a friend that went thru the training with me got his today so I will give it a couple of more days.

crittergitter

imported post

Got my flash pack in the mail today and just got back from Sherrif's office with my permit. 7 weeks and 2 days but worth the wait.

hotrod

imported post

My CCDW number is only 2 digits. Got it in late Oct or early Nov of 1996. Things sure have changed from the early issue's

Capt.Spaulding

imported post

Pulaski County Sheriff's office accepted my application and two checks on October 20th, 2009. KSP check cleared my bank account November 13th, 2009. It is December 10th, 2009 and the FlashPack is not here. Still eagerly waiting.