• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encouragements To The Newbie

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
*snip*Anyway, nice going. You're afine ambassador for all of us.

WOW!! Those are some serious words. Thanks

I really am trying to do my part to make society accept OC. There are some real troops in this movement that have really paved they way for us to follow. Those who have been in the fight for OC and the 2nd amendment for many years. They have been standing up for OC before it was more commonly accepted as it is today, andI do not want to go against the grain with them, so I try to set an example as they have set it for us. I really hope I could encourage a new person by showing some pictures ofOC that it really is not as bad as some of the accounts they may read about.

Another troop on the streets is another ambassador the OC movement.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
*snip*Anyway, nice going. You're afine ambassador for all of us.

WOW!! Those are some serious words. Thanks

I really am trying to do my part to make society accept OC. There are some real troops in this movement that have really paved they way for us to follow. Those who have been in the fight for OC and the 2nd amendment for many years. They have been standing up for OC before it was more commonly accepted as it is today, andI do not want to go against the grain with them, so I try to set an example as they have set it for us. I really hope I could encourage a new person by showing some pictures ofOC that it really is not as bad as some of the accounts they may read about.

Another troop on the streets is another ambassador the OC movement.
You're most welcome, sir.

If you are a man of your word, then you are an honorable man. And an honorable man is also a man of strong and solid character. These are things I learned as a young man and they have served me well over the years. I find they tend to separate the more shallow people from those who are deliberate in their actions and their ways.

It is this kind of image we all hope to present to our fellow citizens in the hope of showing them that good and decent people do carry arms for good and decent reasons. One sour apple can spoil countless hours, efforts, and words of working towards gaining general acceptance. So the idea of us all being ambassadors is with me every time I hang a handgun on my side and enter the public picture.

Carrying arms. It is our birthright, it is our heritage, and it is our choice. The very idea that some bureaucrat or governmental agency believes it has the authority to transgress upon this most basic and fundatmental right of Americans is more than obscene.. it is criminal.

But I digress. May I ask, sir, when did you start to OC? For me, it was July of last year. Oh and may I also add that you have a nice looking family there.

XD40coyote

imported post

I saw people gawking when I OC'd in PA, van load of elderly people drove by and they are looking out at us with extreme omg curiosity.

Thanks for pics btw. Glad to see you haven't had the BMWAG treatment.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I really just started Ocing because I was away from the US. But the first day I got back home I placed the old XD on the hip, and I went to my car insurance agency to buy insurance. When I got outside of the building I took a deep breath in my car, and said where we go and walked right in.
After three days of OCing and no negative reactions from people I figured the word is out there about OC, and people are now seeing that this movement has reached their city and community. It even got to the point where I was looking to be kicked out of a business just one time. I wanted to see how I handled the situation and I wanted to also convey to the manager that he is making a good guy leave that does not pose a threat to anyone, and that with this world the way it is today, we should be welcomed.
My wife and mom would say "ok they are going to kick you out this time" I would come back to the car and say. "Geez no one said anything". My mom said next time I need to walk in and when I see the manager just say " look I have a gun, aren’t you going to kick me out" LOL. They were sure my luck would run out at some point.
BGWAG (Black Guy With A GUN)
Haha Yeah by me being black with a gun I thought I would have the cops all over me, and people avoiding me. But Washington is a very diverse state, everyone is welcomes here, I really don’t see me as a black guy in America anymore because when I moved from NC to WA I found that no one saw the color of a person, but they see the charter of a person. That is how it should be everywhere. I found everyone and anyone talking to me, and after they saw my gun, nothing changed in there demeanor. I was sure the little old ladies would turn and walk away after they saw my gun, but nope, kept on smilling and talking about my baby boy with all his hair.

DrCoy I always had a good build from my high school days. Before I returned to the US I went to the gym for three weeks, because I wanted to look fit when I OC. I guess it helped in the appearance some.

Also I would like for other to add some pictures to this topic with they like. I did not find too many pictures myself with people in the back ground to post. But trust me people was around at every location I took photos at.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nice posts. And the pictures really bring it home. You have a beautiful family and you're a great American. Hope I'll be able to join you OCing in Texas soon. CHUCK.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cccook wrote:
Nice posts. And the pictures really bring it home. You have a beautiful family and you're a great American. Hope I'll be able to join you OCing in Texas soon. CHUCK.

Thanks. That is my goal to bring home OC. To show OC in public places, and also by these pictures maybe a person that is against OC will see that, we are like everyone else, we have families, we do not look for trouble, we intend in no way to intimidate people. I mean how many bad guys do you know of like flower gardens?

I hope Texas does become a OC state, I did my part to promote OC in your state.

dunncleaning07

imported post

:banghead:As past president of the East Side 0C Club(aka) Qdogs we use to beat our heads against the wall back in the 80's to get the people in our community to go with the 0C way of life. Some of us did because then there were a lot of things we were responsible for. Let me close by saying I Commend you on your convictions for OC. People must understand that everyone who carry a gun in the OC mold is not bad!!! Keep up the good work promoting this and god bless you and your family.:lol: