• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport OC on the Levee...IS OFF!...But!

jbradford1

imported post

Just received communication from Levee Management. NO OC! Please! Even though it is lawful to do so it may cause great concern for those families attending. The Levee management asks that we not come on to the property with exposed firearms. When I inquired as to the Levee's policy on CC and Firearms policy in general I should have specifically inquired as to Open Carry..which I did not. My fault.

Option... We can still meet in Newport, Tour that part of town, go to the river.As far as school is concerned it is Saturday and we are not going to venture near their property. NPD have been notified in advance of our "General plans". ...I am still up for getting together Oct 4th. We just have to modify the Levee part...

Feedback? Please ..This it is on me...no neg. toward Levee folks.

JB..."Carry On!"

jbradford1

imported post

Hooah! All is not lost. Just where we spend our $. We have the whole day to give away our bucks..to those who are ok w/ us. The blame is mine and I am a big boy, I can handle it. But I really was excited!!!! Completely bummed after the call though.

Jim C..if your reading this...you need tostrap on your pistol and join us for a interesting time...trust me..your first time will feel really weird but it will grow on you quick!

Sorry reefteach...just reaching out to management..they found the site before they called me. Come on Jim..strap on and join us Sat evening for the shoot...but you at least have to wear it into the gas station!...LOL!!!

Ok..Ok...I'm done

JB..."Carry On!"

N00blet45

imported post

Here I was thinking the levee was like the levees on the Mississippi River. I mean I had an image of boat rides and fishing. I assume it is private property. I guess I'll blacklist them since they don't like armed citizens.

calmspirit

imported post

I am still planning to attend. I also guess from what I hear I'll be taking Oubliette and her daughter with me lol. Just keep me informed on where and the time.

Tim

hotrod

imported post

Anyone think a B&B riverboat ride would be fun? They leave from Dayton KY and take a 1 1/2 hr ride and serve food.

jbradford1

imported post

Only according to their signs that are posted on the gangplank...two if I remember correctly..."Due to security concerns...bla bla bla...no firearms allowed...We hope this in no way inconveniences you..bla bla...Stop....

I am sure they are good folks...still, no guns allowed. Now this was in Newport..Dayton might be different..?? Please correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks...JB..."Carry On!"

jbradford1

imported post

Hi folks...sorry I have been silent for awhile on this but some things have come to my attention and I needed to think it through for a long time..You may have noticed i had to edit some things and remove some names - places and stuff....OK..weather permitting Saturday October 4th for the Newport gathering is still on. I am trying to work out a location for us to meet at and will post it asap. 12 noon will be the link up time.

Once I post the link up location send me an PM with your itenerary..ETA..contact phone #..in case your not on time or an emergency ect..We will go as a group, shop and browse. Oh yea..Garrets Gunsmith buys broken guns to use for parts so bring your broke stuff..Stay hungry and we can eat together..White Castles, Chili cheese coney's, Hoagies, Pizza or whatever. I will post another Live Maps Tour shortly...BTW download the Live Maps Beta and see the map in 3D.

I will share some information in our PM's to give you a heads up on the situation. It should go fine and we will have a great time together, get some good pictures too. Hope to see you there.....JB..."Carry On!"

PS...The KY info pamphlet is on the forum...in PDF so you can get it. Check it out. There is also a business card w/ some KRS front and back..let me know what you think.

Brian D.

imported post

Sounds interesting, I'm on the Ohio side of the river. Only stop you mentioned that holds no appeal for me is Garrett's so-called gunsmith shop.

Normally I wouldn't make such impolite remark in this (semi anonymous) manner, but as a longtime gunowner and competitor from this area, I feel compelled to advise anyone who has ever asked me, not to do business there if at all possible. (Btw I'm on several forums under this same name, it's not too hard to figure out who I am. In fact anyone interested can PM me for that purpose, or further info about Garrett's.)

In any event keep up the good work jbradford. I'm planning onjoining the Open Carry event later this month in Northwood,Ohio, and wouldn't mind going to one much closer to home.

jbradford1

imported post

Roger that... I just mentioned it in case anyone wanted to "sell" anything not have things worked on. But your input is appreciated. I am sure you have legit reasons.