Thread: Newport OC on the Levee is OFF!!!!!!.....But!

Post imported post

Just received communication from Levee Management. NO OC! Please! Even though it is lawful to do so it may cause great concern for those families attending. The Levee management asks that we not come on to the property with exposed firearms. When I inquired as to the Levee's policy on CC and Firearms policy in general I should have specifically inquired as to Open Carry..which I did not. My fault.

Option... We can still meet in Newport, Tour that part of town, go to the river. As far as school is concerned it is Saturday and we are not going to venture near their property. NPD have been notified in advance of our "General plans". ...I am still up for getting together Oct 4th. We just have to modify the Levee part...

Feedback? Please ..This it is on me...no neg. toward Levee folks.

JB..."Carry On!"

Last edited on Thu Aug 14th, 2008 05:08 pm by jbradford1

Post imported post

Levee management?

Who owns the levee and what event would the families be there for?

Is there a gathering place on the levee?

Sorry for all the questions!

Post imported post

Don't know who owns it...It is a family friendly place and management rightly believes that folks walking around armed...even though they are law abiding citizens..wouldpossibly alarm the unarmed folks. Now I tend to agree w/ them but I was pumped about spending the day spending $ at the Levee...now we can spend a little more elsewhere. This little misunderstanding could have been avoided if I was specific in my description of what we wanted to do there...My bad. The Levee folks were actually pretty cool and it IS Private Property...I am glad it was cleared up now and not the day of the gathering.......We have options I am just waiting to hear some input from others.

JB..."Cary On!"

Post imported post

I am up for any OCing in that area. Any parks where we could just grill out and walk around seeing the sights, maybe going on the purple people bridge?

Post imported post

Sounds great to me...just let me know when