• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in Condo's

WARCHILD

imported post

I just had a long conversation with a gentleman named John. He is a cpl instructor and was attempting to give a class at his condo's "community area", he was told to leave by one of the managers because no guns are allowed on the property. Not to cause conflict, they moved the class into one of the members condo. He asked me if this was legal since he has titled ownership of the condo. I told him IANAL, but my opinion would be that they have that right to ban guns in the common areas. He does not own these areas he only has exclusive rights by his title to "use and access" these areas and therefore does not have the same 2A rights of property ownership. He lives in the St. Johns area and would like some input on how to best handle this.

INPUT PLEASE.......:D

edit spelling.... oops

warlockmatized

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Owner has to check by laws comely called deed restricted property then i will help
Say what? WHY not just help IF you can. WHY does someone have to follow some "rule", before you will help???

Sorry Jerry, don't mean to tromp on your thread.

WARCHILD

imported post

That's what I told him initially and to get an interpretation by an attorney. I was just wondering if this issue has been addressed before.

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
No problem, no foul. I don't mind any input, even if it's yours. BTW, I wore blue today:cool:
Me too.....On my jeans hahaha. OD green shirt though :( Darn it Jerry, you are supposed to call me EVERY night so we can co-ordinate hahaha

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I would do that but I don't know what I'm going to wear 'till I get up. Maybe I'll wear "new bride" white for Sat.:dude:
I'll be topless until Doug arrives with shirts. Let "that" be your last thought when you hit the pillow tonight LoL

WARCHILD

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
I would do that but I don't know what I'm going to wear 'till I get up. Maybe I'll wear "new bride" white for Sat.:dude:
I'll be topless until Doug arrives with shirts. Let "that" be your last thought when you hit the pillow tonight LoL
:what::what::what: I think I just had a "Daymare", since I'm not asleep it doesn't qualify as a nightmare, on second thought, maybe I'll just stay up all night.

Tucker6900

imported post

Seems to me that it would be the same as renting an apartment. You sign a lease and in that lease, usually, there are no restrictions as to who, what, when, where, and why. I understand that the documents are mch different with a condo, but I believe the same idea applies. Same goes for "common areas" with apartments. I believe your "ownership" may extend past the walls of said condo. I think the common areas are technically "owned" by the people buying the condos. I could be wrong. Have been before.

b_twill

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
Since I'm relatively new here, I'm going to figure you look very similar to Jennifer Love Hewitt and call it good... :lol:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Just keep telling yourself Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Love Hewitt :what:

Here, I'll help

jennifer-love-hewitt.jpg

WARCHILD

imported post

Doug: That is totally not fair. My pec's are as big as hers and they moved south to join my spare tire!

I do like her pec's though, niiiiice :celebrate