• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for a handgun permit course in East Tn.

suntzu

imported post

Hello to all,
I am looking for a handgun permit course in East Tn. I am interested in one either on a Sunday, or that is held during the week if possible. I live close to the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area.

I have checked the NRA website to no avail, and so I have decided to post this here.

If anyone has heard of any such available class, please let me know.

jakes40

imported post

There is a gun show at the Knox. Zoo site or the Knox. Civic Center site quite frequently. Usually they have the liscense class there.

I'm in Morristown, there's a class in Greenville, which I took, about every Saturday depending upon demand.

uspsmark

imported post

There's one on September 20th at the Cherokee Rod & Gun Club in Kingsport, TN. I already have my Virginia CHP (which did not require a "class"). I'm taking the class in Kingsport to further my knowledge of laws and such. The fee is $80.00.

bobkk

Opt-Out Members
imported post

uspsmark wrote:
There's one on September 20th at the Cherokee Rod & Gun Club in Kingsport, TN. I already have my Virginia CHP (which did not require a "class"). I'm taking the class in Kingsport to further my knowledge of laws and such. The fee is $80.00.

They just keep charging more each year. Have friend that took a class in Erwin about three years ago for twenty dollars.