• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: Civvie, Mil, or LEO?

What are you?

• Civilian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Military (or ex-mil)

• Law Enforcement (or ex-LEO)

• Total voters

SLC-Vegan

imported post

Poll: are you a civilian, military (or ex-military), or an LEO?
:cool:

I, btw, am a civvie.

SLC-Vegan

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
SLC-Vegan wrote:
Thanks for explaining the differences , 9mm

:D It was mostly for myself, figured i might as well post 'em up.

It was a good thing to post, so people don't get confused.
Civilian vs citizen is a distinction that is often misunderstood.

swillden

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I selected "Civilian" but just a point of order.:what:...

ALL LEO's are "Civilian" :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Not really. Look it up in any dictionary and you'll see that the word "civilian" can also be used to distinguish people who are not members of police, fire departments, etc., not just those who are not members of military forces.

For example, a firefighter may call a soldier who he's pulling out of a burning building a "civilian" and be entirely correct. The meaning of the word depends on the context in which it's used.

See http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civilian

swillden

imported post

Hmm. I could say that I'm all three. I'm ex-military, and I was a cop in the military so I'm ex-LEO. I'm now a civilian. I guess I'll pick that one.

RedKnightt

imported post

Aren't all "free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years" members of thier respective State militias, and therefore not civilians? :) Yeah.. I'm reaching...

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”