Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama

Post imported post

Post imported post

Dukester wrote: Once again the Dems will claim anything, without proof of course, to tell everyone they are ahead. I have never known a troop in a combat zone to have either the spare time or especially the money to contribute to some moron running for office. At least not when their family is collecting welfare at home.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Dukester wrote: Once again the Dems will claim anything, without proof of course, to tell everyone they are ahead. I have never known a troop in a combat zone to have either the spare time or especially the money to contribute to some moron running for office. At least not when their family is collecting welfare at home.
    A typical CONservative living his life under a rock.... The bit of news was on KING 5 this morning also so...

Post imported post

Right, cause we all know the news agencies, especially around here, are completely unbiased and neutral to both left and right sides of any story.......:quirky

So what is the point of this post other than to start yet another flame war? If that is really your only point of being here Dukester, then I would ask Mike or someone with the power to ban your account on the fact that you are a troll that seems to have come from the Brady bunch to simply discredit this organization and make us all look bad........I don't think we need this.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Right, cause we all know the news agencies, especially around here, are completely unbiased and neutral to both left and right sides of any story.......:quirky

So what is the point of this post other than to start yet another flame war? If that is really your only point of being here Dukester, then I would ask Mike or someone with the power to ban your account on the fact that you are a troll that seems to have come from the Brady bunch to simply discredit this organization and make us all look bad........I don't think we need this.
    I never did initially start these political confrontations in this forum. Like many others I come here to learn and gain knowledge of open carrying experiences. If someone wants to debate I will jump in with both feet.

So Compmanio365,how come you didn't make this same comment 7 - 10 days ago, little one sided don't you think? I am no more a troll than say, you are!

Post imported post

My BS meter is PEGGED!!

First of all--how do they determine whether one is military or not. How do they discern who is deployed or not. The only source cited for this "analysis" is "According to an analysis of campaign contributions by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics"--whenever the source calls itself nonpartisan and brings up a controversial topic....I call BS.

Post imported post

Well to me the math doesnt make sense... The first problem is that there is not even close to enough numbers to make the sampling worth anything, its junk statistics at best... Obama has 134 soldiers give to him, McCain has 26... But if you forgive the junk statics, the second problem is that 134/26=5.15... Which isnt even close to 6:1, its 5:1...You cannot round 5.01 up to 6, just to boost yourself...Well you can if you are from the Obama camp...

Post imported post

Not that I really care about this one bit, but the math they where talking is dollars. 60,000 vs 10,000 = the 6:1

Post imported post

You know, I've been thinking, has anyone ever met at an OC function, the Duckster? Because if what I believe to be true is, NO! Then the Duckster is a

Post imported post

oops... was looking at the wrong numbers... Its first thing in the morning for me...

Post imported post

It's possible that the story is correct. The fact is the Republican party is the shell of it's former self. As much as everyone loves to point at one party and say 'look at what they did/didn't do' both are guilty. The Republicans rubber stamped everything that came their way and accomplished not a damn thing. They had complete control of all branches of the government. It was a perfect oppurtunity to fix this country and what did they do? Borrow and spend. Borrow and spend. We love China; send us more money. There should've been heavy debate before the Iraq war and there was nothing. When conservatives take back the Republicans I'll start voting that way again. But as of now they deserve the epic ass whoopin' that's coming down the line.

Now to the Democrats. Where to begin. They finally get a chance to change what they want and they cave in to the supposedly moronic Bush on everything. They used this countries disgust of the Republicans and their stupid policies to get elected and what do they do? Bend over and take it in the rear because they want to stay elected. Oh yeah, Bush bad, Bush evil but let's go ahead and give him whatever he wants. I get that it's politics and that's why I hate both parties. It sucks that for the last 8 years I've had to do nothing but protest vote.

There are good Democrats and good Republicans but they get screwed by their own party.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    It's possible that the story is correct. The fact is the Republican party is the shell of it's former self. As much as everyone loves to point at one party and say 'look at what they did/didn't do' both are guilty. The Republicans rubber stamped everything that came their way and accomplished not a damn thing. They had complete control of all branches of the government. It was a perfect oppurtunity to fix this country and what did they do? Borrow and spend. Borrow and spend. We love China; send us more money. There should've been heavy debate before the Iraq war and there was nothing. When conservatives take back the Republicans I'll start voting that way again. But as of now they deserve the epic ass whoopin' that's coming down the line.

Now to the Democrats. Where to begin. They finally get a chance to change what they want and they cave in to the supposedly moronic Bush on everything. They used this countries disgust of the Republicans and their stupid policies to get elected and what do they do? Bend over and take it in the rear because they want to stay elected. Oh yeah, Bush bad, Bush evil but let's go ahead and give him whatever he wants. I get that it's politics and that's why I hate both parties. It sucks that for the last 8 years I've had to do nothing but protest vote.

There are good Democrats and good Republicans but they get screwed by their own party.
    Protest voting for only 8 years? I've been doing it for at least twice that long. It's time the major(?) parties died and we try something different.

Post imported post

That story is long on speculation and short on explanation as to how those numbers were determined. This is a primary symptom of b.s.

Obama is not well-liked by the military or their dependents and families overall. This is some deceptive data-twisting to influence voters who are still on the fence. The polls are so close that the "undecideds" are going to (ironically) carry the election. The BO campaign isn't after the kind of people who visit this board (trolls notwithstanding), they're after those who simply haven't committed yet one way or another.

Post imported post

Maybe, maybe not and $ doesn't equal amount of support. Then again, maybe these were just a bunch more illegal foreign donations to Obama sloppily reported: http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...tions_sil.html
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Obviously there are almost no parallels between Hussein-Osama and Ron Paul, but don't forget how Ron Paul's fundraising numbers among active duty and retired military were more than all of the other GOP candidates combined, AND also all of the Democrat candidates combined.

That's pretty significant, and you'd think it unlikely, considering Dr. Paul's underdog status and the words people usually put in soldiers' mouths. Ron Paul supported (past tense 'cause the campaign is over) the troops but not the misuse of them. He supported a strong national defense, but not our isolation-causing interventionist foreign policy.

My point is, it just goes to show how some folks think of supporting the troops may not be how they want to be supported.

Again, there's almost nothing constitutional or otherwise positive about Obama, but, if there is any truth to this reported statistic, maybe our brave but beleagured troops have become one-issue voters after such a greivous betrayal by their traditional allies (GOP).

Just sayin'.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    A typical CONservative living his life under a rock.... The bit of news was on KING 5 this morning also so...
    So if someones personal, real life experience contradicts what some unsupported internet "media" source says, they now "live under a rock"? According to some NON-conservative on the internet?

Wow! Talk about "typical"!

Post imported post

I can't believe how willing dummycrats are to fall in line and let mainstream media tell them how to think. Remember the Clinton years and how much common sense was put into gun control? I really think its going to take every one of our freedoms taken away before they peek out of Starbucks and realize how bad this nanny nation is getting. I have a hard time supporting McCain but anything is better than that wacko Obama. The fall of Ron Paul was a sad event for this nation.

If I don't respond to any criticism I apologise but I'm leaving in about a hour to go bear hunting for a couple days.See ya all Monday or Tuesday.

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    Obviously there are almost no parallels between Hussein-Osama *snip*
    The only thing I ask in a discussion is to use legitimate discourse instead of lies and fear-mongering techniques to accomplish your goals. Addressing Obama using "Osama" or including the middle name "Hussein" (especially when dropping the first) is nothing other than cowardly, and it is obviously designed to influence not on the basis of policy, but on implied fear. Instead, it attempts to draw negative parallels which have no basis within the real world, stating (to me) that people who support you support ignorance and fear. Just as I would request people don't call McCain "John InSane" or "InSane McCain", I would ask you to refrain from employing such a cowardly tactic.

Please, if you disagree with a candidate or their policies, have at it, but don't make statements intended only to be inflamatory or raise implicit fear of terroristic-alignment. It speaks poorly for you, and provides ammunition against the community, who are likely to be written off as stupid rednecks. Even if you'd be proud to call yourself a redneck, remember that voting can be about getting people out there, and by giving a means of solidarity (see: Facebook "Hussein" middle-name changes) you HURT your cause. Don't give people a reason to get fired up and vote against you for stupid reasons, if you think you support a better candidate, show why!
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

I have a hard time with some of those dollar amounts....unless they are paying a whopping bigtime more than they used to in the military....those were rich fella donations.....:?

Post imported post

And you thought McCain was a Saint?

Don't you find it kind of ironic. Seems like everytime there is a crisis Bush is on vacation. Low and Behold he is down in Crawford on his much deserved 2 week vacation after his grueling time in China watching the Olympics... Hell, half his term he has been on vacation!

McCain's, Adviser's Ties To Georgia Questioned:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...t=1&f=1001

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    You know, I've been thinking, has anyone ever met at an OC function, the Duckster? Because if what I believe to be true is, NO! Then the Duckster is a

Right back atcha!:celebrate

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    The only thing I ask in a discussion is to use legitimate discourse instead of lies and fear-mongering techniques to accomplish your goals.
    Naw, it was just a straight-up hate-filled pejorative thrown in for effect. :P

Post imported post

I am goin to vote NObama

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:

Right back atcha!:celebrate
    There is no way I qualify as a troll, a PIA maybe, but a troll like you never. I've been to several OC meets, like the one this last Wednesday night in Olympia. Where were you? Nowhere where the guns were that's for sure. I do have a cure for you if you ever show up at a meet though.

Post imported post

Dukester wrote:
    And you thought McCain was a Saint?

Don't you find it kind of ironic. Seems like everytime there is a crisis Bush is on vacation. Low and Behold he is down in Crawford on his much deserved 2 week vacation after his grueling time in China watching the Olympics... Hell, half his term he has been on vacation!
    I've often marveled at this ignorant observation made by whiny lib's. What's the fear, that there's no cell coverage in Crawford, and they'll just get the President's voice-mail? That he doesn't have cable, so he won't catch the latest news? That he'll have an overflowing Inbox when he gets back to the White House, with e-mail's from Putin and Sarkozy, with a Subject line that says, "W! Need this by COB today!" What possible difference does it make wherethe President is physically located? The "center of power" moves to wherever he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast