• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Nothing Sacred?

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man Robbed Visiting Wife's Gravesite

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police are searching for a thief who robbed an elderly man while he visited his wife's gravesite at a Westside cemetery.

Floyd Gaskins said he has been going to visit his late wife's grave everyday for the past year. The two were married for 62 years.

However, his Aug. 3 visit was nothing like what he expected.

Investigators said the incident began while the 84-year-old was at the Memorial Park Cemetery on Normandy Boulevard at about 4:35 p.m, WJXT-TV reported.

Police said a small green car approached Gaskins and the occupants asked him for directions before one of the men exited the vehicle, pulled out a handgun and robbed the victim at gunpoint.

"I (saw) the driver get out and I said 'Uh-oh,'" Gaskins said. "Well, he had it in his left hand and I could see the side of it."

The grandfather handed over his wallet, which contained more than $200. The thieves took the cash, and then took off.

Gaskins wasn't hurt during the robbery. He told WJXT that he has been through a lot since last year, but a robbery in a cemetery is pretty low.

"You don't expect it, and it can shake you up when it happens, I can guarantee you that," Gaskins said.

On Monday, police released surveillance photos from a Gate gas station a few miles from the cemetery where the armed robbery took place.

Investigators said Gaskins identified the man in the photo wearing a black hat and gray shirt as one of the suspected robbers.

According to the sheriff's office, that man entered and left the gas station with a second man who was wearing a blue shirt and a hat and had a beard.

Police said the bearded man might be a second suspect in the robbery.

"There was a time you felt safe in church, at a cemetery or even at home," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Officer Ken Jefferson.

Anyone with information that can identify the two men at the gas station or the green vehicle is asked to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office at 904-630-0500 or call Crimestoppers at 866-845-TIPS to remain anonymous.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/17161418/detail.html

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Honor? Among thieves? Surely you jest. Scambaiting was a minor interest of mine and the first lesson you learn is that a scammer has no qualms, no conscience, and absolutely no truth in him when trying to get money. Our homegrown variety of criminal is no different; it should be obvious to anyone that if someone's willing to steal from you they don't care where they do it as long as it's not right in front of a police station.

CrossBow33

imported post

Think maybe it'd be helpful if we knew if the perps were tall/short, fat/skinny, black/white/brown/purple, spoke with an accent...???

'course, we don't want to unfairly tarnish any particular group, do we? Except for men, of course. And isn't that what's really important, here? Way more than actually catching the bad guys.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
Think maybe it'd be helpful if we knew if the perps were tall/short, fat/skinny, black/white/brown/purple, spoke with an accent...???

'course, we don't want to unfairly tarnish any particular group, do we? Except for men, of course. And isn't that what's really important, here? Way more than actually catching the bad guys.

My bad for not including the link, it includes a gas station survellience camera photo of the perps. The link is there now.