Thread: and now the wait begins...

Post imported post

well, I finally went down to the TNDOS office today and applied for my HCP. I have jumped through all of the governments hoops, I sat, I fetched, and I even barked on command. now all I have to do is wait. once I have the governments permission to excersice my second ammendment rights, I'll get started on getting my FSEP (free speech expression permit)

Post imported post

I hear the FSEP's are much easier to get. Ya know, the people hate the 2d love the 1st.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I hear the FSEP's are much easier to get. Ya know, the people hate the 2d love the 1st.
    not really true. for a HCP you only need one background check. for the FSEP you need to have about a thousand, each from a different group who cries about their free speech being denied, while simulatneously crying about what someone else said "offending them".

not to mention the fact that I have one of those "middle finger things that go up", which is on the democrats "assault gestures ban" list...

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    not to mention the fact that I have one of those "middle finger things that go up", which is on the democrats "assault gestures ban" list...
    ROFL!!!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    well, I finally went down to the TNDOS office today and applied for my HCP. I have jumped through all of the governments hoops, I sat, I fetched, and I even barked on command. now all I have to do is wait. once I have the governments permission to excersice my second ammendment rights, I'll get started on getting my FSEP (free speech expression permit)
    I'm not far behind you. Picked up my Colt .45 clone (USAF "Rebel" SA revolver) from Dickson Sportsman Store yesterday. Will be taking the safety course in Hohenwaldnext weekend and applying for my CWP a week or so later. The I'll be waiting with you.

FSEP? I don neeeed no steenkin' FSEP.

State Researcher

Post imported post

What the heck is a FSEP?

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    What the heck is a FSEP?
    Free Speech Expression Permit
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    sv_libertarian wrote:
    What the heck is a FSEP?
    Free Speech Expression Permit
    the FSEP is a satire of the HCP/CCW, or whatever the carry permit is called in your state. basically, I was implying the stupidity of having to qualify for a permit in order to excersice one's constitutionally protected right.

it is amazing to me that we live in a world in which ones natural right to self defense needs to be ran past the state first, meanwhile other similar rights, such as teh right to free expression are considered "un permitable" if we need no permit for one, why do we need a permit for the other?

Post imported post

I got it the first time. I agree, ain't figgered that one out yet.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    I got it the first time. I agree, ain't figgered that one out yet.
    I know, but SV was stuck, so I figured that I'd help him out.