Thread: Metro Richmond Zoo

Post imported post

The family and I are planning to go there and wanted to know.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I don't wanna be a spoil sport or anything, but if a place is posted no guns allowed, I simply won't give them my money. One of the reasons I no longer go to movie theaters. One of the reasons I refuse to travel into DC and/or Maryland (if I have to go through these places, I will not spend money there). One of the reasons I no longer bank at BB&T (BTW, we see where that has gotten them over the last couple years).

I have refused offers to join family and friends on multiple occassions for various events simply due to the fact that no firearms are allowed.

I'm not saying that you should not make that trip. If it is a decision that you and your family will need to make on your own. I'm just saying I wouldn't go.

ETA: I have no idea if they have metal detectors or not. I looked at their website to see if there were pictures of the entrance, but saw none.

Post imported post

The last time I was there was over 10 years ago. I don't recall any metal detectors though. But there wasn't a lot of infrastructure there. They had a gravel parking lot and didn't really have many buildings to speak of. They had a lot of cool animals, but the actual zoo grounds wasn't very built up. But a lot can change in 10 years. When were you planning on going?

Post imported post

So, I am assuming it is a privately owned zoo?

Post imported post

I was just at the zoo a few weeks back. No metal detectors. Didn't see any postings.

Post imported post

Thanks for the replies.
    I agree no guns no money.
    I was planning toOC and didn't want to make that ride for nothing.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    We are planning on going one day this week.

Edit:
    Their wesite site doesn't say anything about guns or who owns it (pubic vs private property).

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
    So, I am assuming it is a privately owned zoo?
    http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.a...7-14-0001.html

"We found a lot of people enjoy this zoo because people are able to get up close and interact with many rare animals," said owner and director Jim Andelin. It is one of the few zoos in the country that allows visitors to feed the animals.

Post imported post

Decided not to go, instead we are going to a drive thru Safari

~Alan Korwin