• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metro Richmond Zoo

vrwmiller

imported post

I don't wanna be a spoil sport or anything, but if a place is posted no guns allowed, I simply won't give them my money. One of the reasons I no longer go to movie theaters. One of the reasons I refuse to travel into DC and/or Maryland (if I have to go through these places, I will not spend money there). One of the reasons I no longer bank at BB&T (BTW, we see where that has gotten them over the last couple years).

I have refused offers to join family and friends on multiple occassions for various events simply due to the fact that no firearms are allowed.

I'm not saying that you should not make that trip. If it is a decision that you and your family will need to make on your own. I'm just saying I wouldn't go.

ETA: I have no idea if they have metal detectors or not. I looked at their website to see if there were pictures of the entrance, but saw none.

vt357

imported post

The last time I was there was over 10 years ago. I don't recall any metal detectors though. But there wasn't a lot of infrastructure there. They had a gravel parking lot and didn't really have many buildings to speak of. They had a lot of cool animals, but the actual zoo grounds wasn't very built up. But a lot can change in 10 years. When were you planning on going?

Marco

imported post

Thanks for the replies.
I agree no guns no money.
I was planning toOC and didn't want to make that ride for nothing.

I'll let you know how it goes.:)
We are planning on going one day this week.

Edit:
Their wesite site doesn't say anything about guns or who owns it (pubic vs private property).

Glock27Bill