• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Declaration of Independence

LovesHisXD45

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
I am so thoroughly disgusted and disillusioned that only 3 or 4 of you responded to this post. I didnt see one OCer there in my 5 or 6 hours there, and trust me I looked. This document set us apart as a nation. It is one of the things you guys continuously spout about and partially refer to with your rights. For me, seeing it was a spiritual experience as well as an intellectual one. For those of you who went, please post that you did. And I do not lump you in the group I am talking about next, Ihold you in high esteem. For anyone else who did not, I lost all respect for you, this board and this movement. If you didnt make the time to go, you should not have the privilege to use the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence or any other historical document to back up your sill little OC fantasy. Hows this for "educating", those of you who didnt go, are ignorant imbeciles who dont appreciate what you use. I equate you to smarmy politicians who say what everyone wantsto hear, but once you make your point, you lie and backspin your way out of it,How about you start OCing the Bill of Rights at your next meet-up, maybe you can sway your comrades into being more than just little OC lemmings, really practicing what you preach. Ireally was behind your movement, just not how it was executed. Now I am not for you individuals. Shame on you, for you have spit on your country. Hows that for education UTAH OCers?

I'm sorry you feel that way 33. Some of us could not make it for personal reasons. I have been hosting company all week and got stuck with the kids all night. I work swing shift during the week too. Since you have lost respect for us, what now?

I thought the bible said not to judge people, lest you be judged yourself. I know you might have been emotional when you wrote this statement, but it seems a little agressive and puts a blanketed statement of judgement on everyone on the forum who didn't go.

Do you really think the OC movement is in peril because "everybody" didn't go to see the declaration? Did you not post your thread about it on the last night it was here? Maybe very few people even knew about it. Not everybody is glued to the nightly news or reads the paper. I think everyone here appreciates and respects and loves the Declaration of Independance. Just because everyone did not go and lay eyes upon a copy of this historical document does not mean that they should not have the "right", not "privilage", tohave protection under theBill of Rights. Even illegal aliens who come here and break Federal law are protected under it.

If you believe that this movement is a "silly little fantasy" for us, then your statement, in its current context, leads me to believe that you did not and/or do not believe that the movement had or has a chance, and therefore, you had and/or have no intent to contribute to any future possibilitiesof anysuccess of this movement whatsoever.

Why have you lowered yourself to comparing us with politicians? Not all politicians are the way you stated either. We rely on those politicians to represent our cause. We elected them. I would challenge you to find somebody on this forum who "lied and told somebody one thing and then backspinned their way out of it". by twisting their intent in the other direction.

You had plenty of excuses for not going to the OC meet in Sugarhouse. Personally, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and just accepted what you said as fact. I saw that others called you out and said you were just making excuses. I didn't judge you. I believe your reasons were fact as you stated, and I never questioned you or judged you or had anyreason whatsoever to believe that you were not telling the truth.

I'm sure there were plenty of usthat would have loved to makeit to see the document, but short notice and personal obligations were surely the cause of why so many others may not have made it. It is impossiblefor you or I toknow all of the circumstances and reasons behind why somebody did or did not make it.

In conclusion, I would just urge you to please not be so harsh in your words toward others. You have made it known how you feel, but I really do hope that what you said, and the way you said it, is not really how you feel about us or our movement. How are we supposed to respect you when you make posts like this?

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
I am so thoroughly disgusted and disillusioned that only 3 or 4 of you responded to this post. I didnt see one OCer there in my 5 or 6 hours there, and trust me I looked. This document set us apart as a nation. It is one of the things you guys continuously spout about and partially refer to with your rights. For me, seeing it was a spiritual experience as well as an intellectual one. For those of you who went, please post that you did. And I do not lump you in the group I am talking about next, Ihold you in high esteem. For anyone else who did not, I lost all respect for you, this board and this movement. If you didnt make the time to go, you should not have the privilege to use the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence or any other historical document to back up your sill little OC fantasy. Hows this for "educating", those of you who didnt go, are ignorant imbeciles who dont appreciate what you use. I equate you to smarmy politicians who say what everyone wantsto hear, but once you make your point, you lie and backspin your way out of it,How about you start OCing the Bill of Rights at your next meet-up, maybe you can sway your comrades into being more than just little OC lemmings, really practicing what you preach. Ireally was behind your movement, just not how it was executed. Now I am not for you individuals. Shame on you, for you have spit on your country. Hows that for education UTAH OCers?

HEY A$$H0_ _,

I was there with my Wife, SGT Jensen and Packingmama and their kids. I OCed my S&W 4006 in a Gould&Goodrich Shoulder Holster.

SGT Jensen and I I even stood and spoke with one on the Boys that was Guarding the Declaration of Independence. I got plenty of :what::what::what::what::what::what::what:....and :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

We were there around 4:30ich for about an hour walking around.

SGT Jensen said that you were suppossed to be there and we tried to look-out for you to 33itmefs.

TJ
HEY @#$%, I said " For those of you who went, please post that you did. And I do not lump you in the group I am talking about next, Ihold you in high esteem.
"
you would have been in that group until you just make yourself look like a complete douchebag. So before you fly off the handle again, check yourself. Just because you have a big ol' gun doesnt mean you are top @#$%.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
A concealed firearm permit will not get you into the secured area, you will still need to check your firearm. You do not need a permit to open carry in the regular part of the building. That being said, not a facilities are complying with Utah law. They are required to have safe storage for your checked firearm, but places like the Utah County Courthouse in Provo do not. They will ask you to leave.

Side topic here....

I checked with my friend a LEO with the Utah County Sheriff's Department...

Utah County Courthouse DOES have a secure location for storage of weapons but they MUCH prefer that you store your own in your vehicle.

JoeSparky

scorpioajr

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
A concealed firearm permit will not get you into the secured area, you will still need to check your firearm. You do not need a permit to open carry in the regular part of the building. That being said, not a facilities are complying with Utah law. They are required to have safe storage for your checked firearm, but places like the Utah County Courthouse in Provo do not. They will ask you to leave.

Side topic here....

I checked with my friend a LEO with the Utah County Sheriff's Department...

Utah County Courthouse DOES have a secure location for storage of weapons but they MUCH prefer that you store your own in your vehicle.

JoeSparky

Craaaaaaaaaaap! Thats was ONE of the variety of reasons keeping us from going. (The primary one was gas... freakin gas prices...)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

33itmefs wrote:

This sort of rantexposes the soul of the author.

The depth of the bitterness andthe breadth of the assigned error show much more than alack of regard for one's fellow human beings. It dives below mere callousness.

How much more right than other people does one have to consider oneselfin order to arrive at such an opinion?

Its not French. Its Nitrovic-ian, and I'm starting to seeparallels here.

I personally object tosuch derogation of my allies in another state.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Citizen wrote:
33itmefs wrote:

The depth of the bitterness andthe breadth of the assigned error show much more than alack of regard for one's fellow human beings. It dives below mere callousness.

How much more right than other people does one have to consider oneselfin order to arrive at such an opinion?

It was suggested several years ago by a friend of mine that society generally need only 3 rules to prosper.

1. Be Respectful!

2. Be Respectable!

3. Be Fun to be with!

Certain members of society NEED more specific instructions!!!!

JoeSparky

scorpioajr

imported post

Citizen wrote:
33itmefs wrote:

Bravo. I read it twice, very eloquent. (not being sarcastic at all.)

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
33itmefs wrote:

So what you are REALLY saying is that due the fact that a person didn't make it due to prior engagement, couldn't afford the gas, whatever their personal reasons THEY are NOT American anymore.

For your information, I became a U.S Citizen back on Jan 14th 2008. I did it due to the fact that I am proud of this Nation and it's Constitution. I believe the Declaration of Independence is Highly Spiritually Inspired Document of a Very Great Nation. I do NOT take lightly the Citizenship.

Why do you think that I went infront of the West Valley City, being a recent Sworn in U.S Citizen, to make them understand that the Police Force swears to UPHOLD BOTH U.S AND UTAH Constitution.

I take it all very serious. And tosay tothe People that did NOT make it "For anyone else who did not, I lost all respect for you, this board and this movement.""If you didnt make the time to go, you should not have the privilege to use the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence or any other historical document to back up your sill little OC fantasy ."

Why don't you just read your own post again and just REALIZE how stupid it is.

TJ

Well Said!

TJ... Glad to know you!

JoeSparky

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

33itmefs wrote:
Hey, time to get a life there. You haven't got enough friends on this list to be insulting and alienating everyone.

Some of us have already seen this tour the last time it came through, have had other plans, $4.00 a gallon gas, and have no need to account to you for how we spend our time anyway. Great, you SAW the document. Do you READ it? Do you understand it, and its limitations? Do you teach it? Can you teach ANYTHING to anyone with the kind of attitude you've just displayed?

This should also be a lesson to you that in a State of some 3 million souls there are literally only a handful of people who are really serious about OCing.

Indeed, there are only about 150,000 who hold permits to carry concealed, and half of those are non-Utah-residents. 75,000 out of 3M is 2.5 people out of every 100. Even among adults that is probably no more than 5 out of 100 who hold permits.

Want to know how many of those actually carry on any regular basis? Hint, in any random room of 100 adults you MIGHT find 1 person who is not a cop who is carrying a gun.

Cool off a bit, rethink your approach to others, and be a bit less abrasive.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I completely ditto what everyone said to the rude comments that 33itmefs said!! I frankly think that you (33itmefs) don't deserve to be on this site! You have no idea what other obligations people may have had! I happen to be fortunate enough to be able to go. Like Bagpiper said, what about gas prices- lets take for example, you live way down south and it would cost you a couple hundred dollars to just drive up and you couldn't afford it. What then are you going to sacrifice not paying bills or food on the table to drive up to the capitol. Or the fact that you have seen it before. People do have lives, and get busy. Some obligations you just can't get out of or change. The declaration is important to some people but maybe they don't want to wait in a line for more than 3 hours, maybe they have a medical reason that won't allow them to. All I am saying is don't judge someone without walking in their shoes! You really have know idea what someone is going threw or what is going on in their lives until you are them. I believe you were out of line saying what you said. So if you don't want to lose respect from everyone on here, I would watch what you say in the future. But again, there is always free speech, so speak your mind. I personally hold nothing against you I just didn't care for your comments or should I say the way that they were presented.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Citizen wrote:

Agreed! Perhaps it should also be noted that the real intrinsic value of the document is in the message, not the parchment and ink.