• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Petition

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman:

It's none of your business but the reason for me not leaving the solitude of my keyboard are physical.

S.E.WI

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Your assesment of my letter concerning the Attorney General wanting to give Steingraeber special authority to carry a concealed weapon is wrong. If you carefully read the letter you will see that the argument I voiced was; Even though Steingraeber is a retired cop he has no more firearm carry authority than the average person and if VanHollen makes an exception to the carry rules for Steingraeberit should be made for all persons.

German's objective, by his own admission on his web site, is to promote open carry in the hope that it will lead to a good carry permit system and law.

The resolutions German is promoting appear to have gone dead in the water. He won't even acknowledge how many have been presented to the countiesor their status. Instead he insists the status is his business and his alone.

Lammie,I thought your post was clear as stated above. Since the petition was for OC we can't expect anything else from it. One thing I learned from this is to get it in writing that the status of any petition signed by me is my business too. It sounds like allot of work has been wasted or we're loosing the battle.

A person would think that even the anti-gun lurkers would learn something at this site. Illegal people and dope flood the country but guns won't. Idiots, true idiots that don't care about themselves or their families.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

S.E.WI wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Nope. "Pointman" is mistaken again.

I am part of the anti-CCW anti-mandatory-training anti-licensed gun-carry grass roots movement.

I read this to mean that you are anti-CCW. I understand being against the other items. Could you explain why your against CCW? (anti-CCW) Being for CCW doesn't mean that you are for special requirements to Carry Concealed weapon.

Majority in a democracy is important too so could you explain why it shouldn't be an organized effort?
It is one sentence without commas. Your 'reading' suits your purpose.

Un-restricted carry is fine. My opponents in this issue would sell you exception to the infringements to the Second Amendment that "shall not be infringed."

I (and I think we) live in a Constitutional Republic with legally limited enfranchisement. I do not believe in egalitarianism. Democracy is the rule of fools by fools. Who will be the 'organizer' will be the tyrant.

If we can speak with principle then we will be a force adequate to the task. Grass Roots Gun Rights South Carolina is proof of that. The Real Nature of Politics (rmgo.com) is the method.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Lammie wrote:
By the way did you change your forum name from ccwtrainer to pointman? your post seems suspiciously so.
...posts seem suspiciously so. Fagin No. 1 has not posted again either.

Anony Mouse will do as well as any nom de 'net. Which is to say 'a rose by any other name stinks as sweetly.' Get the point? Stevens Point? West Point? Walking point? Pencil point? Pointed head? Pointless.

What does it say of a politician afraid to face his armed electorate? What does it say of an elector afraid to use his name or a 'businessman' fearful of the effect of his own politics?

Support The 2nd

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
What does it say of a politician afraid to face his armed electorate? What does it say of an elector afraid to use his name or a 'businessman' fearful of the effect of his own politics?

It says he's smart enough to realize he is in the MINORITY and will be attacked by the MAJORITY.

If I were an individual standing alone, I'd have no fear of reprisal. But when the LEFT can attack you/me throughour families (teachers all of a sudden having problems with your kids at school, etc) anonymity becomes a requirement.

My children should not suffer do to my political views, so if any action I take could make their lives more difficult, then I must take it anonymously.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nearly all of the 72 counties in Wisconsin have web sites. Those web sites contain the county board meeting schedule, meeting agenda, and meeting minutes. Some of them take a little work to find the info, especially Milwaulee county, but if you search on phrases like county board agenda or county board of supervisors or county board minutes or county board you can usually find the info. I did some spot checking and have found no resolutions pertaining to open carry listed on an agenda. Most September meetings have been conducted. For those interested the county board web sites can be accessed using the following link.
http://www.co.[county name].wi.us/

Nytedrgn

imported post

ok so I've been gone for sometime from the forum and feel irresponsible but had very personal matters to attend to...one of which was the passing of my grandfather...I had intended on taking the petition around my county(dodge) but with personal obligations that I couldn't pawn off on someone else. Also with the nature and opinions of my counties elected officials as well as citizens I doubt it would be worth the time... I did take the petition with me to the range one day and out of the 45 people there while I was present only one person was willing to sign it....which was really disconcerting......I mean out of 45 firearm owners only one was willing to sign a piece of paper to support a right that is quarenteed to us....makes me sad...it really does.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nytedrgn wrote:
......I mean out of 45 firearm owners only one was willing to sign a piece of paper to support a right that is quarenteed to us....makes me sad...it really does.
That istypical. As soon as they see "carry" they go, I'm just s hunter, I don't need to carry. You "carry" guys are all NUTS.

Even LEO fails to admit RTKBA is just that, A RIGHT.

What the average citizen fails to understand is that, as the patriot site says, this isn't about guns, it's about rights. What they fail to understand, is we are simply AFFIRMING our rights, we aren't asking for anything new.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Nytedrgn wrote:
ok so I've been gone for sometime from the forum and feel irresponsible but had very personal matters to attend to...one of which was the passing of my grandfather...I had intended on taking the petition around my county(dodge) but with personal obligations that I couldn't pawn off on someone else. Also with the nature and opinions of my counties elected officials as well as citizens I doubt it would be worth the time... I did take the petition with me to the range one day and out of the 45 people there while I was present only one person was willing to sign it....which was really disconcerting......I mean out of 45 firearm owners only one was willing to sign a piece of paper to support a right that is quarenteed to us....makes me sad...it really does.

Don't wait for approval from the mob. Write it out as nicely as you can and send it over your signature to where you think it will to some good.

http://www.co.dodge.wi.us/index.html

This taking action on your own is 'leadership', not the popularity contest that American politics has descended to. It may be analogous to a competition, there are front runners and there is the mob behind shouting, 'turn left', just to see who will and to eliminate competitors for power.

Support The 2nd

imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?

Nytedrgn

imported post

wow I totally spaced on places to update when I moved.

I'm now located in the Green Bay area as of DEC 4th, 2008.

Support The 2nd wrote:
Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?

That sounds like a good idea will have to see where Brown county went on the resolution or if they were even approached.