Thread: cimarron

Post imported post

I am starting to lean more and more toward cowboy style weapons. I'm thinking about getting another revolver. Has anyone heard anything positive or negative concerning Cimarron firearms?

Post imported post

I have been told and from what I have seen, Cimmaron's are pretty quality SAAs-- I haven't heard anything bad-- except a close friend that is in the local SA "Cowboy Shooters" club says the tolerances on his Cimmarons are tight--

I would buy on eif I could-- .45LC though and not the .357/.38spl--

Post imported post

tju1973 wrote

I would buy on eif I could-- .45LC though and not the .357/.38spl--
    Do you have a specific reason, or is it just a size preference?

Post imported post

Personal opinion that the .45LC round is cooler-- probably more expensive to shoot, but cooler none the less...

Post imported post

Nah, that's cool. I was pretty much leaning that way as well.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Can't comment on the Cimarron's. I just recieved my USFA "Rebel" .45 Colt and I like it so far. US Fire Arms makes several Colt six shooter replicas in various cal's, including .38 special, .357, .44, .44 Mag. They even have one they call a commemerative "M1A Carbine" with 7.5 barrel that uses the .30 M1 Carbine round.

http://usfirearms.com

Just something to compare to.

Post imported post

Was just up on their site and saw the 1911 for $1895!!!!!!!!!!! A bit pricey for a clone with no bells or whistles...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    Was just up on their site and saw the 1911 for $1895!!!!!!!!!!! A bit pricey for a clone with no bells or whistles...
    Yeah, I know. That is their MSRP (Mfr. Suggested Retail Price) I don't know what a dealer could get you one for. They do offer a Life time warrenty for as long as you own the weapon, though.

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

Post imported post

I have a 1874 sharps "Quiegly" from Cimarron.I love the thing excelently quality,no complaints on it and service is great too.Also might try Buffalo firearms as well.Hope that helps
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

My cousin has one in .22lr that I've shot several times...seems to be very well made, quality pistol.....consistently accurate too.

Post imported post

I actually ended up getting the .45 LC from Heritage Firearms. It's very nice, especially for the price. It's solid, and the action is nice. I didn't realize how expensive the ammunition was though. That part kind of sucks. I finally had a chance to fire it today. I only had a box of 25, so I didn't really get a real good feel of how accturate the gun itself was. It was mostly just a chance to see how accurate I was from about 20 feet away. Which I think that I did fairly well. Thank y'all for your replies though.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
    I actually ended up getting the .45 LC from Heritage Firearms. It's very nice, especially for the price. It's solid, and the action is nice. I didn't realize how expensive the ammunition was though. That part kind of sucks. I finally had a chance to fire it today. I only had a box of 25, so I didn't really get a real good feel of how accturate the gun itself was. It was mostly just a chance to see how accurate I was from about 20 feet away. Which I think that I did fairly well. Thank y'all for your replies though.
    Best price I've found for the .45 LC is Mag-Tech 250grn cowboy rounds from Sportsmansguide.com. But it's still hgiher than most other cal. ammo.