• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cimarron

whoopingllama

imported post

I am starting to lean more and more toward cowboy style weapons. I'm thinking about getting another revolver. Has anyone heard anything positive or negative concerning Cimarron firearms?

tju1973

imported post

I have been told and from what I have seen, Cimmaron's are pretty quality SAAs-- I haven't heard anything bad-- except a close friend that is in the local SA "Cowboy Shooters" club says the tolerances on his Cimmarons are tight--

I would buy on eif I could-- .45LC though and not the .357/.38spl--

tju1973

imported post

Personal opinion that the .45LC round is cooler-- probably more expensive to shoot, but cooler none the less...:)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Can't comment on the Cimarron's. I just recieved my USFA "Rebel" .45 Colt and I like it so far. US Fire Arms makes several Colt six shooter replicas in various cal's, including .38 special, .357, .44, .44 Mag. They even have one they call a commemerative "M1A Carbine" with 7.5 barrel that uses the .30 M1 Carbine round.

http://usfirearms.com

Just something to compare to.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Was just up on their site and saw the 1911 for $1895!!!!!!!!!!! A bit pricey for a clone with no bells or whistles...
Yeah, I know. That is their MSRP (Mfr. Suggested Retail Price) I don't know what a dealer could get you one for. They do offer a Life time warrenty for as long as you own the weapon, though.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

My cousin has one in .22lr that I've shot several times...seems to be very well made, quality pistol.....consistently accurate too.

whoopingllama

imported post

I actually ended up getting the .45 LC from Heritage Firearms. It's very nice, especially for the price. It's solid, and the action is nice. I didn't realize how expensive the ammunition was though. That part kind of sucks. I finally had a chance to fire it today. I only had a box of 25, so I didn't really get a real good feel of how accturate the gun itself was. It was mostly just a chance to see how accurate I was from about 20 feet away. Which I think that I did fairly well. Thank y'all for your replies though.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

whoopingllama wrote:
I actually ended up getting the .45 LC from Heritage Firearms. It's very nice, especially for the price. It's solid, and the action is nice. I didn't realize how expensive the ammunition was though. That part kind of sucks. I finally had a chance to fire it today. I only had a box of 25, so I didn't really get a real good feel of how accturate the gun itself was. It was mostly just a chance to see how accurate I was from about 20 feet away. Which I think that I did fairly well. Thank y'all for your replies though.
Best price I've found for the .45 LC is Mag-Tech 250grn cowboy rounds from Sportsmansguide.com. But it's still hgiher than most other cal. ammo.