• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NE Louisianians- new web site to keep track of Shreveport gun shows

Louisiana Carry

imported post

I recently joined the ArkLaTex Gun Collectors Asociation, so naturally I am building us a web site.

Arklatexguns.com

Not done yet, but the info is there. Our 95th gun show is coming up September 6th & 7th, 2008.

You can even sign up to be alerted by email when shows are approaching.

Great Southern also puts on shows around here, but we do it as a labor of love. ALL proceeds go back into fostering youth shooting events and other altruistic shooting related ventures.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

No, there are other sites that do that. We are the original Shreveport show (been doing it since the 60's, have put on nearly 100 shows), and do it entirely for charity. Ours are cheaper and better. We have no reason to promote Great Southern. We might consider listing shows put on by other charities, though.

KBCraig

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
No, there are other sites that do that. We are the original Shreveport show (been doing it since the 60's, have put on nearly 100 shows), and do it entirely for charity. Ours are cheaper and better. We have no reason to promote Great Southern. We might consider listing shows put on by other charities, though.

We're making a run down to S'port on either Friday or Saturday. If it's Saturday, I'll try to pop in.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

UPDATE: The Civic Center is housing refugees from the hurricane, and was therefore forced to cancel our venue for this show.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We plan to be on schedule for our next show on April 4th & 5th, 2009.

KBCraig

imported post

Well, crap. Glad I checked the forum before we headed out the door to S'port!

We're going down anyway to have lunch with my MIL. I guess I just won't get to do any gun shopping while I'm there.

I can't believe they've still got refugees in the civic center. All of ours already left.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Well, crap. Glad I checked the forum before we headed out the door to S'port!

We're going down anyway to have lunch with my MIL. I guess I just won't get to do any gun shopping while I'm there.

I can't believe they've still got refugees in the civic center. All of ours already left.
I sent you an email, didn't you get it?