• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texans For Open Carry

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just to let y'all know I've got a website up called Texans For Open Carry. I check the TXCDL site all the time and there haven't been any updates, nothing about the open carry petition, and they haven't even fixed the site after it got hacked. So I started this one. Still in the contstruction phase but I hope to have more content and other things in the near future. I'd like to see everyone get on it and contribute to it.

The main purpose behind the site is to encourage people to get out there and get active concerning this issue. I've been to a couple of gun shows to talk with people about open carry and trying to get people motivated.

Anyway, it's up there if you want to go to it. The message board is fully functional.

Peace.

Mitchell.

http://www.texansforopencarry.com

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

The TxCDL website did get hacked and we are working to get back on line. All of the efforts to further the cause of Open Carry in Texas are GREAT! The purpose of the Texas Citizens Defense League is to establish a long-term organization that will be around for many years to come. Even after we do get our first favorable bit of OC legislation in Texas we will need to be vigilant and continue to pressure the Texas legislature so we gain ground. Thank you to everyone who has and is participating in many ways toward a favorable outcome for Open Carry in 2009.

Gary Williams

President, TxCDL

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes, we need an organization with some balls. The Texas State Rifle Association doesn't seem to have any and I'm a little pissed that the NRA and GOA haven't jumped on the idea of open carry and offered their support. I know the TXCDL will be around for a long time and will do a fine job of protecting our natural right to self-defense.