• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how long did you wait for your LTCH?

7588merc

imported post

how long does it usually take to get a LTCH in indiana after the whole process and i mail the MO to indy? i will sent it next day shipping.

cce1302

imported post

It took me 5 weeks from when I turned it in up here in South Bend. This was February I think of this year. They actually mailed it in for me. It was my first application, and a lifetime permit. Renewals take less time from what I understand.

cexshun

imported post

I can give exact dates. This was for a lifetime permit.

I applied for mine on July 12.
Issue date on the LTCH is August 18.
I opened the envelope and squealed on August 22nd.

So, from handing the forms over to the local LE to receiving the permit in hand, it was exactly 36 days counting weekends.

tattedupboy

imported post

In 2004 when I got my first four year permit, the total turnaround time was 24 days. Earlier this year, when I got my lifetime permit, the turnaround time was 45 days.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From what I understand, the timeframe is a max of 60 days from the time they cash your money order.

IC 35-47-2-6
Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
(b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an
existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

If you have one of the commercial money orders, many of them have a 1-800 number to call and find out when it was cashed.

Post office MOs, you have to go to the PO and fill out a form to get the status.

ImChad

imported post

I was told yesterday by my local CP that turn around time was 6-10 weeks because Indiana is really backed up. However, the state told me its flying right now at 3 weeks. I'll be sure and post my total time. I'm anticipating about 3 total weeks maybe 4 tops and hope to have it before vacation in a month.

One thing really interesting that happened though was the CP told me if I was stopped to show the LEO my application reciept and all would be fine.

I'vve carried back and forth to the range several times with no permit (unloaded, locked and stored in my safe i nthe rear) and it IS still illegal, though the police really don't care. However, i found it somewhat entertaining that the CP thought it was somehow legal to carry once I've applied. ah well, off topic but I found it interesting.