• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just talked to Bob Beers

Vegassteve

imported post

Bob Beers just held a telephone town hall. I mention we were members of this site. That we were a Gold Star State. Wanted to know his stance on the 2nd A. He wants to strengthen our 2nd A rights, with less laws. He told the Police chiefs Assoc, that the 2nd A was in place to help citizens protect themselves because police can not be everywhere. He also told them it was in place to hold Gov and police in check, just like the Founders said. He also said every law abiding citizen has the right AND responsibility to protect themselves and family without infringement.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I had some great conversations with Bob during the last legislative session. Both he and Valerie Weber are definitely "on our side."

Vote Bernie Anderson out of office!

shotdown

imported post

Bernie Anderson is the reason that we still have to qualify with every semi-auto. It had to be changed at the last minute so that the entire bill didn't have to be put on hold. I hope no one votes for him.

varminter22

imported post

Agree with all comments so far!

Senator Bob Beers is a great guy - and deserves our support in his bid for reelection in November. He was scheduled to be our guest speaker at our July club dinner/firearms raffle, but unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute. Thankfully, Assemblyman James Settelmeyer (another great guy) came and spoke.

Bernie Anderson most definitely needs to be voted out of office. I hope everyone will support Ron Longtin is his bid for Bernie's seat.

Unfortunately, Valerie Weber indicated she would not be running for reelection in the Assembly. We'll miss her in the Assembly.

yeahYeah

imported post

i'm pretty new to the local politics out here. where i used to a live, it was all lib, all the time. a conservative never stood a chance.

this november...what names am i looking for?

varminter22

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
i'm pretty new to the local politics out here. where i used to a live, it was all lib, all the time. a conservative never stood a chance.

this november...what names am i looking for?
This is very helpful: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/

Depends on where you live in Clark County.

I like encumbent Senator Bob Beers (R). And also remember encumbent Senator John Lee (D), the author/sponsor of SB-92 in the 2007 legislative session. Also pro gun in the Assembly are encumbents Assemblywoman Francis Allen (R) (was very helpful in the 2007 session and a member of the Judiciary Cmte) andAssemblyman Bob Beers (same name as the senator, but a different guy).

This election is VERY important for Nevadans - especially those that love and respect the 2nd Amendment to the U. S. Constitution and Article 1, Section 11 of the Nevada Constitution.

Vegassteve

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
Also pro gun in the Assembly are encumbents Assemblywoman Francis Allen (R) (was very helpful in the 2007 session and a member of the Judiciary Cmte)

Except she has some sort of issues with not stabbing people. Sorry she is not at the top of my list any longer just to strange.