• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anybody know?

KnightSG7

imported post

Does anyone know if they will allow me to either carry (doubt it) or lock up my firearm somewhere there, I am allowed on base with my family military ID but I have never carried there, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Without even looking up anything I'll say that unless you are going to the range that just recently re-opened, you are not going to be allowed to carry or transport guns anywhere on base- with one big exception.

If you are living with your family in on-base quarters and your military sponsor has gone thru the hoops with the Provost Marshall's Office, you can keep privately owned guns in your quarters. Special rules for moving the guns off & back on base. Failure to follow all rules, dotting all "i's" and crossing all "t's" could result in your military sponsor being kicked out of quarters, off base, and facing military justice (there's that oxymoron again!) charges.

If you are living on base, contact the PMO for info on all the rules. Might be wise to do it from a pay phone off base, without giving your name or the name of your military sponsor. Might save an inspection of the quarters till after the hoops are gone thru and the forms signed.

stay safe.

skidmark