Thread: First OC

Post imported post

Hey everybody, I am a long time forum watcher but first time poster. I have been OC'ing around my house and property a few times just to get me and my family used to it and I was wondering if I am allowed to OC while on a riding mower? It is my private property but at the same time is it considered a vehicle? I do not have my Conceled Carry License yet but am planning to shortly. Thanks.

Post imported post

Good question. On one hand, it is private property. On the other, you can even get a DUI charge if riding down the street. Hell, they're even giving DUI charges for riding beer coolers:

http://www.poststar.com/articles/200...l/13641652.txt

ORC 4511.01 states;

(B) “Motor vehicle” means every vehicle propelled or drawn by power other than muscular power or power collected from overhead electric trolley wires, except motorized bicycles, road rollers, traction engines, power shovels, power cranes, and other equipment used in construction work and not designed for or employed in general highway transportation, hole-digging machinery, well-drilling machinery, ditch-digging machinery, farm machinery, and trailers designed and used exclusively to transport a boat between a place of storage and a marina, or in and around a marina, when drawn or towed on a street or highway for a distance of no more than ten miles and at a speed of twenty-five miles per hour or less.

and;

(J) “Agricultural tractor” means every self-propelling vehicle designed or used for drawing other vehicles or wheeled machinery but having no provision for carrying loads independently of such other vehicles, and used principally for agricultural purposes.

So my GUESS would be that you couldn't be charged as long as you stay off public property.