• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[Video} Underfire Under Russia Underwear Needs Cleaned

imported post

inNV wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:
inNV wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Russian scum.
OK there is no need for that. Get educated on who started this conflict befroe you go shooting your mouth. The video even says that it isn't clear who was shooting, so don't go pointing fingers...what because an American media website says it was Russians, you assume it was? Yes I am American, and yes I back Russia. Communism is over in Russia, and we are going in that direction here in the US...so please.
russian invading georgian terrority would probably be the cause
Like I said, learn who really caused this and who started it..
you must be russian.

check a map, how can you claim georgia attacked russia in their own territory

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They're both wrong in this conflict. Fall of USSR Georgia is created South Ossetian province is ProRussia and wants to break from Georgia, Georgia blocks their succesion, Russia moves troops in to "keep the peace," Russia was doing some black-ops stuff in South Ossetia with their "peace keepers" troops there, Georgians attacked South Ossetia, Russia mows them down.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

It's the usual double-standard: Russia did notAT ALLcare for former Soviet Union republics breaking away (declaring independence), but now they say it's okay if it happens to Georgia.

It comes down to who has the power to get their way, also as usual. The Georgians dont have it; the Russians do. It just confirmsthe cliche (but truism) that although technology changes, human nature never does. We're still the very same we were since Adam.

Might doesn't make right, but it does make reality.

And I suspect it always will until the Second Coming.

-- John D.

I

inNV

imported post

TipsyMcStagger wrote:
inNV wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:
inNV wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Russian scum.
OK there is no need for that. Get educated on who started this conflict befroe you go shooting your mouth. The video even says that it isn't clear who was shooting, so don't go pointing fingers...what because an American media website says it was Russians, you assume it was? Yes I am American, and yes I back Russia. Communism is over in Russia, and we are going in that direction here in the US...so please.
russian invading georgian terrority would probably be the cause
Like I said, learn who really caused this and who started it..
you must be russian.

check a map, how can you claim georgia attacked russia in their own territory

No, I am not Russian, I just know who is right and who is wrong in this situation. Both of the countries have equal meaning to me, I am an Orthodox Christian, as both the countries involved are, which makes it even more sad. But I was married in a Russian Church!

What happened was Georgia went into SO and according to sources began attacking Russians (and others) in the province. SO declared independence a decade ago, but countires do not except it (like they did Kosovo from Serbia). Russia went to SO to defend the people of SO, and then went forth into Georgian territory. Of course Georgia will say SO is their territory as well, but that is up for debate. So yes, Russia invaded Georgia, but only after Georgia invaded SO. In Europe, it is pretty much believed that Bush initiated this in order to get Putin and Medvedev riled up. I don't doubt that is true. But Bush is underestimating Russia, if that is the case.

I

inNV

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
It's the usual double-standard: Russia did notAT ALLcare for former Soviet Union republics breaking away (declaring independence), but now they say it's okay if it happens to Georgia.

It comes down to who has the power to get their way, also as usual. The Georgians dont have it; the Russians do. It just confirmsthe cliche (but truism) that although technology changes, human nature never does. We're still the very same we were since Adam.

Might doesn't make right, but it does make reality.

And I suspect it always will until the Second Coming.

-- John D.
You are right, but at the time you must remember communism just fell, I am sure the government immediatly after the fall was not happy about it. Now is a different story.